[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
eyefinity/surround support - GRIP Video Game Forum

eyefinity/surround support

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ultragore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

eyefinity/surround support

Postby ultragore » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:54 am

it would be awesome to see support for multiple monitor setups. this game would be amazing on three monitors.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: eyefinity/surround support

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

ultragore

Postby ultragore » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:20 am

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 pm

This stuff is coming, just not super high priority right now I'm afraid. All in good time
Game Director

Skid

Postby Skid » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:44 pm

I'll copy the information from my Stream thread to here so it's on this forum, you can play with Multi-Monitor resolutions via Eyefinity, Surround TH2G etc. To enable the resolution go to your library, right click Grip and go to Properties, then click Set Launch Options... and add the following:
-resx=5040 -resy=1050

Or whatever your native desktop resolution is, next because this is an Unreal Engine game it's vertical minus by default so your going to need to override the default configuration files. Go to YourUser\AppData\Local\Grip\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor, and add the following to the bottom of Engine.ini:

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

This will fix the default vertical minus behaviour of the engine, it may unfortunately increase the FoV beyond what it should be but at least it'll be playable.

Without the ini change your game will look like this with the default camera:
: ) Skid : )
My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/SkidIncGaming
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/skid_inc
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Skid

Postby Skid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:41 am

OK sorry, I'm necroing this thread to update on the current version, since sometime around the introduction of 21:9 resolutions this work around hasn't worked. If I want to play in fullscreen I HAVE to use one of the resolutions hard coded into the game (again restricting resolutions rather then providing the list pulled from the graphics drivers is unacceptable in my book).

You can still play at these resolution but you will need to run in Fullscreen Boardless Window mode, same FoV fix works, but be aware the HUD is now scaled based on the horizontal resolution, with no limit in place. Meaning the HUD is 3x the size it should be, at least it appears to be positioned correctly (spanned to the edge of the side screens but it used to all be on the left screen).

Devs: Please stop restricting the resolution people can play you game at, I get you don't have the time to add in proper multi-monitor support yet but that's no excuse to stop us from trying to get it to work on our own. I shouldn't have to jump though hoops to have my games running at my desktops native resolution.
Second, you can fix the scaling issue on the HUD by scaling it by the height rather then the width of the screen, this is a much better approach since people tend to have wider monitors, not taller, and when scale up from 1080p to 4K the scaling between height and width is the same since both are 16:9 aspect ratio.

Edit: I've not played around with UE4 so I don't know how much use the following is, but:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/IN ... index.html
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Get_Avail ... Blueprints
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/index.php ... esolutions
: ) Skid : )
My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/SkidIncGaming
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/skid_inc
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Looks like Rob's gotten back to you on Steam, Skid
Game Director

Return to “Suggestions”