[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam! - GRIP Video Game Forum

GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam!

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.8.2 is on Steam (Private branch)!

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Game Director

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WROB3L » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:11 pm

This is a pretty good update, I like new knockout mode, and there is a pretty cool effect when you`re last in that race. But I think that Drifting needs alot of work, It has more realistic slide on the handbrake, but when you let it go, car just sticks to the road. It feels weird, car should hold that slide like in first Rollcage, and Rpms with acceleration should have effects on the time and angle of the slide. Btw. why there`s no 1280x1024 resolution in the options? Aside of that its a solid update.

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Similii » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:55 pm

So, I played a bit and, nice update guys! The idea of letting the thrusters while we are midaire is fantastic, that add a lot of dynamism in the race!
But as WROB3L said, handbrake drifting needs a bit of work, I achieve once to make a beautiful circle by drifting in Biodome but I don't remember when I did this x).
Is that an idea, but the Dreadnought has now a faster acceleration no?
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:04 pm

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:12 pm

>aerial thrust
Awwww yeeee
I always wondered why that wasn't in the game. Can't wait to try it out when I get home!
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:28 am

I knew this sunday was going to get interesting. Trying that in a sec...

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:37 am

Boost + ramp =

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:57 am

I like the update and i think the friction model feels better now The aerial thrust is nice, but makes the cars jump a lot further. These things are a pain in the ass now
I cant pick up the items form the ceiling of the lower tunnel without crashing into them.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam!

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Yeah I'll have to do something about those arches now. Make them destructible maybe. Problem is the interaction with the physics...

BTW this latest patch is 1.0.9, not a version of 1.0.8. Apologies for the confusion
Game Director

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Mart-E

Postby Mart-E » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Good job chris and all the team, can't wait to play this game with multiplayer this summer! 24/7

ApexAzimuth

Postby ApexAzimuth » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Awesome update.

Once again you've managed to make adjustments to the handling without completely re-writing the "feel" of the cars, which is already really good.
The Dreadnought is a much more competent vehicle now that it doesn't lose speed in the air, though I think it's still pretty under-powered.

It's good to see that you all tried out realistic thrust physics (As Rob mentioned above). If it feels too weird, realism isn't worth it.

Keep up the awesome work, guys. Grip is truly a legend in my book.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:17 pm

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Such a good update, I love the new car handling and the drifting, even in this early phase. Thanks for adding the ghost car to time trial, makes it more fun

Grip is shaping up to be such a great game and I'm glad to be a founder! :D
You're just a voice pal.

Silverviolet

Postby Silverviolet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Went into the game today not realizing an update had occurred, but felt the difference immediately. The natural drift feels really nice, makes the cars feel a bit heavier too in a way. Still can't decide whether I prefer Alhatra Wastes for the drifts or Yuri Industrial for the tight tunnels.
Elimination is everything it should be, and the Time Trial ghost was a great touch.

Also, suppose I'm new here on the forums. Hi :P

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 am

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:15 pm

You're just a voice pal.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Game Director

Return to “Announcements”