Ok, after racing on all 3 tracks, here are some quick thoughts.
- the new lighting feels great, especially on Transport. Those blue lights in the tunnels are sick
- collisions... holy moly, this is just... sorry, need to the bathroom xD
- massive improvement to how Dreadnought "looks" in terms of quality. Also the shield doesn't clip the ground anymore, at least it definitely feels different from before.
- physics... words cannot describe the improvement... crap, bathroom time again xD
- seems AI listened to the Dark Souls advice, aka "git gud". On hard mode, they are competitive as hell. Well, at least the 2nd position is, rest is kind of being lapped. And whole AI doesn't seem to like Alhatra at all, since I've lapped the 2nd position on 8 laps about 3 times...
- New assets on the tracks are nice, especially like those electrical lines and towers on Alhatra that give off what I believe was intended to be sparks, but ended up being some glowing purple balls xD Still cool though
- car control is so good now, I can get back from a mess up quickly, actually counter-steer a slide effectively and control the car.
- machine gun sound... ME GUSTA
- Dreadnought now feels 100% like Dominator with a higher top speed, literally. I wouldn't be able to tell one apart from the other if it weren't for the speedo. Bring back the first handling and cornering performance of it with the top speed and acceleration from the previous patch (or something between that straight-line performance and now) and it will be the tank we all dreamed about.
- Both Dominator and Dreadnought (especially Dreadnought though) sound incredibly... disappointing when their revs are going down, especially after using a turbo. When they rev up, they sound kind of like a mighty beast that riles up, but when they rev down... it reminds me of a disappointed hippo, not to mention they sound like they don't have any power/torque at all.
- I meant to mention that before but... gears on a jet powered car? What for? Unless it's a placeholder for now, then completely understand, but I expect this to be corrected in the future. On that note, those cars should have a more... jet like sound coming from them IMO.
- the gravel road textures on Industrial and Transport have that "rough" transition, as in no transition. Especially noticeable on the gravel that goes over the... metal (?) road or in Industrial right before the last tunnel, in that "valley".
- cars happen to sometimes bounce in a strange way, mainly on landing from a high-speed action, aka on strong impacts. Nothing severe because it's easily controllable but it does happen from time to time and impacts the times negatively.
Generally speaking... can't wait for the online mode and Norvos track. At that point this game is gonna take over my life for a long time I think xD One thing to note though, the extra lighting has a negative impact on performance. HOWEVER, given that it improves the visuals and immersion greatly, that's something that is to be expected, so I'm all for more improvements like that. Just pointing it out.
PS. Hit an AI with a missile while it was airborne \o/