[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
GRIP Update 1.0.10.1 is on Steam! - GRIP Video Game Forum

GRIP Update 1.0.10.1 is on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Update 1.0.10.1 is on Steam!

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Game Director

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.10.1 is on Steam!

Postby TheOnLY » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Great Update,
I love the speedpads, AI got noticeably better and those effects on the shield ♥♥♥
The new camera needs a little time to get used to, but is a great improvement.

The visual upgrades to the tracks look awesome, but they eat my frames. :( cant go far beyond 30 now. I guess my 3 years old performance card isn't enough for WQHD anymore :mrgreen:.

Cant wait for multiplayer :D :D :D

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:51 pm

What specs are you running?

I'll take a look at all the particle effect LODs to make sure they scale down for lower settings
Game Director

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Speed pads are great, new highest top speed for me, 1032 km/h :D

One thing about mines, it takes too long to destroy them with machine gun. Given that the gun has its wind-up time and then takes about 30-50% of it's ammo to destroy a single mine, it's essentially useless unless you instinctively know that there is a mine ahead or you can simply spot it from a long distance. The fact we don't know how long exactly is the range on the machine gun doesn't help as well. Maybe some additional crosshair (similar to the missile lock-on) that shows to which the machine gun will lock on.

And naturally, can't wait for the Norvos track and MP mode :D

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Awesome update, can't wait for the next one :D And those new graphic effects are damn beautiful <3 But I think it's time for an upgrade (My GTX 660 can't keep up :<) since I was able to play on max with 30fps and now I'm at 10-25fps ;-; On the other hand, medium and high are way better options now, since in previous versions only lowest settings gave me 60fps and now I'm able to get 60 on medium.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Oh my oh my. We're spoiled <3

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Ok, here's some extra feedback from playing on High engine speed for a while, as I normally am playing always on Wild. Naturally, not all the things are about that difference, since I tend to forget about some things.

- headlights glow is... abysmal. It looks so bad it hurts eyes, honestly. Reminds me of the light glow from games that came out in 2002.
- not sure if this is a placebo effect or not, but I've been clipping a lot more on High engine speed than on Wild. Sure, I am getting stuck on Wild as well, but since 1.0.10 it's been pretty much in over 95% of cases due to me actually hitting a wall because I wasn't precise enough with the steering (that shortcut in Yuri... on Wild speed it seems impossible to regularly hit it). I get about 2 clips per a lap on High, while if I get 2 clips per whole 8 laps race on Wild it's a lot. Collisions are worse as well o.O
- this one is funny if I think of the AI behaviour thread, but... well, no other way of putting it, the AI is a lot more challenging on Wild than on High. The race progress or position board or however you call that thingamajig, on High everything but 2nd place is at bottom. Mind you, 2nd place would be at bottom if I could set 9 laps. On Wild however, regardless of how many laps I set, 2nd place is always within a mistake or two behind me, followed in the same distance by 3rd, 4th and 5th place battling it out with each other. Rest of the cars are busy doing barrel rolls (literally). This is all while making about the same amount of mistakes (again, on High most come from clipping) per race.
- small tunnels that you guys are already probably sick of hearing complaints about... well, they are a lot smaller pain in the fart exhaust on Wild than on High, since on High you start losing speed like crazy in them which immediately results in a loss of control, while on Wild you have the power to keep the speed up which results in a lot more control there, effectively making those tunnels quite enjoyable.

So unless I'm getting crazy or just in a state of delusional placebo (which may be the case, I'm not denying it or being sarcastic about it) the experimental engine power, aka Wild, is actually performing better than the one that the physics and AI were being optimised for, as in High. I'm gonna compare the two tomorrow properly (as in spend a lot more time with High), but seeing as how High engine speed feels so darn slow that it makes me feel like it's a completely different game, along with being a bit too easy for my taste, I think I'll stick with Wild mode. Probably will be practising getting into that damn shortcut in Yuri :D

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Last edited by TheOnLY on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Played it for a bit. Got to say, looks really really good. Yuri Industrial now looks like its in the desert with the nice dust effects. I like how the blue light from the tires is now a proper light effect. The shield effects are really nice too. Feels more like a physical projection. The EMP has potential but I feel like its a little too OP. Nice to see it though. In terms of physics....I really cant say. Its been a while since I last played it and I'm pretty sure that every wipeout was my own fault. And I do like the speed pads. Was kinda expecting something more akin to rollcage but I think this is better.

In short, GRIP is coming along really well. Can't wait for the next update!
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:18 pm

You forgot to say that the ghost is fixed ;)
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Costa

Postby Costa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Yay! I finished the playtest mode without crashing into the terrain! thank you so much for this update! (tested for about 42 minutes)

By the way.....why now in speed mode (no item, wild) if you are on the last position, you car get an insane accelleration? that now make the car often unplayable and unrealistic (from regular speed of 550 at max, now you reach 900 - 1100 in a few seconds) :lol:

One last thing: i keep having this little graphic issue with the car model sometimes, i am not sure if this happens only to me but look:

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Costa that happen me too, but no idea why its appear something 1/20 races

Kempfer
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Kempfer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:07 am

For the most part this has been a great build but iv run in to a lot of random frezzes that were not in the last build. One thing that would be great also would be if you made it so when a car is not on a surface that the cammra be orented to allways have the sky at the top of the screen

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:43 am

Ok, I've done some extra testing with Dreadnought and Dominator on both High and Wild engine speed. Here are some interesting results:

- Dominator on High engine speed has no issues whatsoever. Turbo on speed pads, do whatever you want, you won't get any clipping, eve... well, unless you . But I wouldn't really expect anything else, I mean you can't get rid of all those things, and you would stop to 0 anyway after something like that. This is the mode to run if you don't want any issues.
- Dominator on Wild engine speed sometimes (it's rare) bounces off the landing. Literally. You just bounce away into the air the moment you land. The height of the bounce is random, sometimes barely noticeable, sometimes way higher than you'll ever be in a race on that part of the track.
- Dreadnought on Wild engine speed is similar to Dominator, just that it clips sometimes on the walls, similar to 1.0.9.0 behaviour, just a lot less often. Effectively it's an improvement from 1.0.9.0 and that's basically it. Nothing bizarre happens on a regular occasion, even when using turbo over the speed pads
- Dreadnought on High engine speed however... that's a problematic child. Don't ask me why, but it just loves to get stuck in geometry in a similar fashion to . What baffles me, is that it generally clips a lot more often on High engine than on the experimental Wild... In any case, this is the combination that everyone should avoid for now.

Silverviolet

Postby Silverviolet » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Personally I find the sounds of bullet impacts on the shields and speed pads to be a rather loud compared to the engines and other noises.
New visuals look great, but I'm having to run 1280x768 to keep my frames smooth :P

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Game Director

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 am

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:24 am

Kempfer
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Kempfer » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:46 am

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Ok so you play with the 1st person/bumper camera. Yeah it will flip right before you hit the ground. You've got a point about counter-steer, I will mention it internally
Game Director

Return to “Announcements”