GRIP Update 1.0.11.0 is in the Private branch on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.11.0 is in the Private branch on Steam!

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:58 am

It just needs a bit of smoothing out, imo. It's like Alhatra's first release - it's too easy to get thrown into the air by small bumps and rises in the high-speed parts. I really like the layout of the track, there's just a few points (most noticeable the right-hand track that goes under the gate before the big tunnels) where a combination of high speed, snow physics, and bumpy track make even tiny mistakes cost a lot of time or need a reset.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Django wrote:If we are talking about FIC then i have to agree. I tested it with both cars in all difficultys and only on easy i have a chance at all. But even there i was way behind after a few rounds. I was playing on mid engine power without catchup (sorry feels artificial and like cheating to me) btw.

Beating AI there on Hard difficulty, no catch up (same, hate this cheat-like thing, pure skill FTW), High engine power basically on every run now. Sometimes I end up 2nd since I'll be getting a volley of assassins and missiles up my rear near the end, which makes me unable to keep the lead over the usually quite close 2nd place. Other than that... easy peasy lemon squeezy.

It's basically flat out with a handbrake induced drift on one corner. That's technically the only fault of FIC Outpost, but given that the track flows so well... I kind of don't care :D

Also, that route under the gate... it's not an alternate route, it's effectively screaming "take me or you're an idiot". It's the shortest of all routes, has turbo pads which makes it the fastest as well and it BLOCKS the Assassin's... honestly, that's way too OP for an alternate route. Personally I think that side should be rid of turbo pads and kept as it is. You're taking the bumpy way just so you won't get screwed by an Assassin. If you have to drive slower to not crash, then so be it. It's a fair trade IMO, especially when it's still shorter than other routes -_-

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Can you take some video of this or be more descriptive in general?

Well, i am not WROB3L :D, but look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YGgLevfxos&feature=youtu.be

Other side works as well

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:16 am

Ryu Makkuro wrote:Also, that route under the gate... it's not an alternate route, it's effectively screaming "take me or you're an idiot". It's the shortest of all routes, has turbo pads which makes it the fastest as well and it BLOCKS the Assassin's... honestly, that's way too OP for an alternate route. Personally I think that side should be rid of turbo pads and kept as it is. You're taking the bumpy way just so you won't get screwed by an Assassin. If you have to drive slower to not crash, then so be it. It's a fair trade IMO, especially when it's still shorter than other routes -_-

Turbo pads are temporary to make it worth taking, as the route is quite bumpy in spots (will fix that)

And I fixed the assassin crashing into the gate, so don't expect to be untouched through there anymore

TheOnLY wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:Can you take some video of this or be more descriptive in general?

Well, i am not WROB3L :D, but look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YGgLevfxos&feature=youtu.be

Other side works as well

Ok, yeah. I fixed this already ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Announcements”