GRIP Update 1.0.11.1 is on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Cheshire

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.11.1 is on Steam!

Postby Cheshire » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Queadah wrote:Did you make sure to try tweaking steering speed and sensitivity in the settings ?

Yes, I use maximum values. Still car is handled hardly

Chris_CE wrote:Are you referring to the tires spinning when accelerating from a stop? This has been in the game since the beginning, and it's to give the cars a larger sense of weight

Let me explain on example. On Industrial map, after leaving a first tunnel (or shortcut) there's a road that turns right to the second tunnel. At this moment my car is pretty accelerated. So for passing this turn I could do one of two things: either driving on full speed (but having longer path of turn) or drifting (but having some speed decrease). Instead of these variants, there's only one way to pass this turn without collisions - dramatic breaking. Otherwise my car couldn't perform a turn.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Cheshire wrote:Let me explain on example. On Industrial map, after leaving a first tunnel (or shortcut) there's a road that turns right to the second tunnel. At this moment my car is pretty accelerated. So for passing this turn I could do one of two things: either driving on full speed (but having longer path of turn) or drifting (but having some speed decrease). Instead of these variants, there's only one way to pass this turn without collisions - dramatic breaking. Otherwise my car couldn't perform a turn.

Well, given my recent experience... re-download the game. Might fix that, since that sounds like a bug, especially when I can do that corner at full speed without having to resort to drifting, even with turbo on. On Wild engine speed. With Dreadnought.

Silverviolet

Postby Silverviolet » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Ok just stopped by to see what all I've missed and I see Norvos!

So did a few runs on it. Really love the way it looks, and the openess makes for really cool flat-out carnage, and the faster you're going the more spectacular the crash.

The only real issues I have, if you can even call them that (more like preferences), are the jutting rocks above the first tunnel exit that punish for coming out upside down (of course I could just git gud).
And the turn before entering the first "large" tunnel. In the turn there's an open field behind a few directional pointers which at first looked like an alternate route, but after flying past the turn markers I found the barrier :p. Maybe raise that wall a bit to make it more apparent?

Other than that vehicle response to bumps feels much better. Not sure if this was something that was changed, but turnaround speed feels a lot quicker than it used to be as well. Certainly makes getting hit a bit less harsh, keeps the pack a bit closer to each other :)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Glad you like the map Silver. Valid point about the turn before the tunnel, but I think the rock spikes out of the cave tunnel are fine there. I may take em out and do some testing though

Cheshire wrote:Let me explain on example. On Industrial map, after leaving a first tunnel (or shortcut) there's a road that turns right to the second tunnel. At this moment my car is pretty accelerated. So for passing this turn I could do one of two things: either driving on full speed (but having longer path of turn) or drifting (but having some speed decrease). Instead of these variants, there's only one way to pass this turn without collisions - dramatic breaking. Otherwise my car couldn't perform a turn.

I still don't quite understand what the problem is. Are you referring to this corner? https://gyazo.com/782c24e7717f2b2f22f1722e83cd10b3
I don't ever drift through there unless I'm using a turbo

Cheshire wrote:Yes, I use maximum values. Still car is handled hardly

Are you using a gamepad? if so, try setting steering sensitivity to low and steering speed to high. Maximum sensitivity for me is practically unplayable
Game Director
GRIP

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Cygon Speeder looks good in black lads ;)

Return to “Announcements”