GRIP Early Access Release v.1.1.0 is now on Steam!
NOTE: We debated releasing MULTIPLAYER with this patch, but stability issues convinced us otherwise. We're working hard to get multiplayer integrated ASAP. Game dev will be game dev :/
Even without multiplayer, this is our biggest patch yet, with a ton of new content including a brand new MENU, a new VEHICLE, better CAR PHYSICS the new CARKOUR game mode, a new TRACK, and much more. Tons of things to keep you busy!
NOTE: GAMEPAD NAVIGATION IS NOT CURRENTLY WORKING IN THE MENU. We'll do our best to get it in with the Multiplayer patch
Other known issues with v.1.1.0:
- Your input and car customization settings may not save the first time running the game. Subsequent runs of the game seem to save them properly.
- Input assignment can be buggy. This will be fixed for next patch
- Car colour customization in the garage can be strange when trying to achieve pure white. Try moving the hue bar to yellow if the car isn't bright enough.
- Pickups balancing has a bug where you may get the same pickup more often than you should. We are looking into it.
- Music ingame can stop playing. If this happens, exit the event and change the music volume value to try and reset it.
- You may very rarely get a crash. If the game does crash, be sure to go into task manager and kill the process "Music Player" or Steam will still think the game is running
- 21:9 and other wide aspect ratios have a bug where the HUD isn't centering properly. We are working on it.
- Car rims turn red once the first LOD distance is hit. We'll fix this for next patch
- In Carkour, if you make it to the end of the course but fail to grab the collectible, the end camera may get stuck even after reset. If this happens, you'll need to back to the menu and reload the map. This will be fixed for next patch
- Sometimes the car exhaust effects fail to appear until the accelerator is let go an engaged again
- Slow motion has been removed from the game for now, but the input value still exists in the settings
Here is the FULL CHANGELIST for patch 1.1.0:
- A new Cygon Cyclone car is now playable, with it's own sounds and visual effects. This vehicle is of the Speedster class, which is the same class as the Dominator. A middle class car is coming very soon, and we think you'll love it (Note: a new shield design specific to the Cygon manufacturer will be coming later as well)
- The vehicle physics now have code that prevents the cars from launching into the air so much. You'll see a drastic improvement in how the car interacts with terrain and rocks. The cars also feel heavier upon landing
- New Carkour game mode: This is our homage to Scramble mode from Rollcage Stage 2. This mode has you navigating an obstacle course to grab collectibles in the fastest time possible.
- New Ultimate Race game mode: Instead of ranking the racers on just their position, Ultimate mode takes into account things like weapons use, average speed, and lap times to tally up a points total for each player. The player with the most points by the end of the race, wins.
- Arena mode is now improved, with traditional deathmatch gameplay and more modes coming later.
- Catch-up implementation is improved, with less obvious change in vehicle speeds. This helps keep the race pack together
- New Racetrack set on Liddo5 called Speedbowl! This track is our homage to a certain track from the original Rollcage It's quite a simple map, but also a LOT of fun
- Liddo 5 - Biodome: Overall layout and visual quality is much better, with a bunch of different ways to traverse the level. AI now use the ceiling of the dome as well. This map is a good showcase for fun Arena mode gameplay, and more arenas will be coming within the next few months
- Norvos - FIC Outpost: Improved flow, smoothed terrain, added more pickups, improved overall visual quality and layout. Fixed a few collision issues, plus an issue where race checkpoints weren't working properly (The map is still very WIP)
- Jahtra - Alhatra Wastes: Improved flow and greatly improved visual quality, with new structures throughout the map. Also improved AI pathing and performance. This map is still WIP, as some areas need re-doing and the reverse version's routes are not finished
- Liddo 5 - Transport: Improved visual quality and fixed some collision issues
- Jahtra - Yuri Industrial: Improved flow, AI pathing and tunnel entrance collision to be less frustrating
- Festive: Removed this map for now, as it will be exclusive to the holiday season.
- We have a brand new Menu, which is at least 100x better than the previous one. We're pretty proud of it This new menu also includes a GARAGE where you can customize your vehicles with different paint jobs, tires and rims. This is just the beginning of our car customization options.
- The settings menu has a plethora of options for your tweaking pleasure, including FOV adjustment, HUD opacity, force feedback on/off, HUD damage effects on/off, FPS limiter and plenty of screen options
- There is now a custom music jukebox in the audio options. Just drag your music into the jukebox folder and enable it in the menu to hear your tunes ingame!
- The pause menu now has all the settings available from the main menu for easy adjustment
- The HUD is improved in that it's easier to read and has more information. We've also added an indicator for mines on the track, as well as changed how missile targeting works, so let us know what you think of them
- Input customization is now available in the settings menu. You're now able to set up your controls however you like! (NOTE: Some issues may occur with remapping controls. We're still working on them)
- Missile navigation improved, plus fixed issues with specific parts of levels causing an assassin collision
- Raptor MG now targets mines effectively, destroying them with one bullet
- Pickup balancing is now better (though there are a couple bugs that need to be addressed)
- Chase camera improvements: You can now orbit the camera around the car, crashing is less disorienting, overall direction of camera is more intuitive
- Cinematic cameras in demo mode/end of race improved, as well as depth of field effect
- Some tweaked and added sounds
- Just a reminder that many sounds in the game (including car engines) are first versions and are subject to change/improve
- Particle effects have been optimized and players should see an overall performance increase
- Added LOD models for various level meshes, optimized some particle effects
Coming in the next update:
- Player stats
- Two new cars
- A new racetrack
- A new arena
- More Carkour maps
- An additional weapon
As always, we'd love to hear your feedback. If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
Or visit the GRIP discussions page on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/396900/discussions/
To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!
Copyright © 2016 Caged Element, All rights reserved.