This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Hotfix v.1.1.1 is now on Steam!

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Notes:

-Fixed music playing ingame
-Added camera control inputs back (whoops!)
-Carkour no longer stuck on end camera when triggered
-Tab key no longer causes an issue with the car (and is now default input to show the scoreboard)
-Pickups are more balanced
-slow motion is back
-Pressing the G key in event setup menu takes you to the garage
-other small bug fixes

EDIT: Apologies for the download size. UE4 re-packages everything again

Here's a bonus screenshot from my favourite part of Transport (reverse):

Game Director
GRIP

Volken

Re: GRIP Hotfix v.1.1.1 is now on Steam!

Postby Volken » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Notes:

-Fixed music playing ingame

Was that a bug? :D

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Good stuff, now I get to toy with the cam :)

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Well, good thing I was a gamepad user then, camera inputs always were working on that side :D

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:54 pm

finally hot fixes thanks

aardvark
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby aardvark » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Now that I've had a chance to drive from the camera I'm used to, I was able to confirm what I already suspected was the case but was masked a bit by the unfamiliar camera view...

The driving feels really nice, I've had a few big bounces, but even those felt like they made sense considering the speeds involved, and I wasn't sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for the car to come back down from it's aerial excursion.

Two thumbs up for the physics guy. :)

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:03 am

Question to developers: do you plan to change maneuverability of cars? When I achieve 400 km/h and more, it's kinda impossible to handle a car. It goes straight forward with very small ability to turn. As far there's no drift mechanic in game, I need to slow down for making a turn or evade and obstacle.
As I remember, original Rollcage Stage 2 game had much more agile and easily controllable vehicles.

P.S. I've used different sets of engine's powers and gamepad configurations - the problem is not in settings, but in car physics

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:49 am

Cheshire wrote:As far there's no drift mechanic in game, I need to slow down for making a turn or evade and obstacle.
As I remember, original Rollcage Stage 2 game had much more agile and easily controllable vehicles.

P.S. I've used different sets of engine's powers and gamepad configurations - the problem is not in settings, but in car physics

Well, sorry to inform that drifting is in the game (don't expect a full RWD drift like though, those are 4WD cars with 4-wheel steering). You might want to report that the sensitivity settings don't do anything as a bug report (include what gamepad you're using). Higher chance of it actually being fixed then mentioning it lightly in a post here.

Personally I can tell that all the gamepad related settings in the control menu work perfectly.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 am

Cheshire wrote:As far there's no drift mechanic in game, I need to slow down for making a turn or evade and obstacle.

Use "spacebar" to drift, I do use it in a few turns, I think it works great and the car physics are not messed up (at least in that department).

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 am

This is not a sensitivity bug. I mean - make cars more brisk. If you ever played last Burnout games or Flatout 2, you could understand what I mean. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in those games, it still could past through any road curves. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in Grip, it is handled as a rocket that collides with walls

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:07 am

Queadah wrote:Use "spacebar" to drift, I do use it in a few turns, I think it works great and the car physics are not messed up (at least in that department).

Drift is very weak in Grip in comparison with other arcade games, pretty unnotable

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:15 am

Cheshire wrote:Drift is very weak in Grip in comparison with other arcade games, pretty unnotable

Perhaps... but it allows you to turn and this solves your initial issue reported above ;)

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 am

No, it doesn't. When drifting, car slides a bit and dramatically looses speed, but drift should work in opposite way

aardvark
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby aardvark » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:42 am

Ryu Makkuro wrote:those are 4WD cars with 4-wheel steering

Aren't the cars zero wheel drive with 4 wheel steering? The cars are jet powered, otherwise they wouldn't be able to accelerate mid air like the loading screen says they can. :)

Or are they jet powered plus 4wd? I'd actually love a dev comment on this, since it's quite relevant to how the cars should handle. :roll:

Cheshire wrote:If you ever played last Burnout games or Flatout 2, you could understand what I mean. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in those games, it still could past through any road curves. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in Grip, it is handled as a rocket that collides with walls

The speed, size, and mass differences between these cars and the cars in those games are massive.
https://www.cagedelement.com/grip/paypal/car1.jpg

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:24 am

aardvark wrote:Aren't the cars zero wheel drive with 4 wheel steering? The cars are jet powered, otherwise they wouldn't be able to accelerate mid air like the loading screen says they can. :)

Or are they jet powered plus 4wd? I'd actually love a dev comment on this, since it's quite relevant to how the cars should handle. :roll:

They must have both because they also have wheelspin :D

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:39 am

aardvark wrote:The speed, size, and mass differences between these cars and the cars in those games are massive.

The cars from Rollcage are big too, but they ate handled much better and easier, than cars from Grip

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:51 am

Yeah, because of this they felt like toy cars.

aardvark
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby aardvark » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Cheshire wrote:
aardvark wrote:The speed, size, and mass differences between these cars and the cars in those games are massive.

The cars from Rollcage are big too, but they ate handled much better and easier, than cars from Grip

Well now you're at least comparing granny smith to golden delicious (i.e. apples to apples). You weren't comparing it to Rollcage in the post I replied to.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:58 pm

aardvark wrote:Aren't the cars zero wheel drive with 4 wheel steering? The cars are jet powered, otherwise they wouldn't be able to accelerate mid air like the loading screen says they can. :)

The cars are both jet powered and traditional gear drivetrain (confirmed by Chris). In Short, it's a Jet powered 4WD with 4 wheel steering.

Cheshire wrote:This is not a sensitivity bug. I mean - make cars more brisk. If you ever played last Burnout games or Flatout 2, you could understand what I mean. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in those games, it still could past through any road curves. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in Grip, it is handled as a rocket that collides with walls

I do understand what you mean and I fully disagree with you, because the cars in GRIP are very responsive and "grippy" (no pun intended). I've played almost every bigger arcade racing game of the past 15 years and things that you're mentioning are... just not what I experience. I'd go as far as to say that FlatOut 2 had actually less responsive and nimble cars.

I'd assume that there's some issue on your side.

Cheshire wrote:Drift is very weak in Grip in comparison with other arcade games, pretty unnotable

Not every arcade racer has a fast drift. And not every racing game is the same or should be the same. GRIP is definitely the type of game that... shouldn't be expected to be similar with other games.

aardvark
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby aardvark » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Ryu Makkuro wrote:

The cars are both jet powered and traditional gear drivetrain (confirmed by Chris). In Short, it's a Jet powered 4WD with 4 wheel steering.

Roger that, I've just managed to miss that post :)

Return to “Announcements”