GRIP Hotfix v.1.1.1 is now on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Cheshire

Re: GRIP Hotfix v.1.1.1 is now on Steam!

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Ryu Makkuro wrote:the cars in GRIP are very responsive and "grippy" (no pun intended)

They are grippy, but they are responsive only at slow speed
Ryu Makkuro wrote:I'd go as far as to say that FlatOut 2 had actually less responsive and nimble cars.

Nevertheless they are more controllable and can pass turns on high speed
Ryu Makkuro wrote:GRIP is definitely the type of game that... shouldn't be expected to be similar with other games.

Grip, at this point, is similar to Project Cars physics

aardvark wrote:Well now you're at least comparing granny smith to golden delicious (i.e. apples to apples). You weren't comparing it to Rollcage in the post I replied to.

Well, actually, there are two ways of making cars maneuver. Either making a controllable drift (as Burnout of Flatout 2) or making them brisk and sensetive (as Rollcage). Grip has none of them

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Cheshire wrote:Well, actually, there are two ways of making cars maneuver. Either making a controllable drift (as Burnout of Flatout 2) or making them brisk and sensetive (as Rollcage). Grip has none of them

Because it doesn't need to. Most of the maps have spots to wallride at almost every turn. You're expecting those tanks to drift perfectly fine at 500+Km/h and it just doesn't make sense (And it could potentially break the balance between the cars, if let's say, Dreadnought could pull out drifts like that everyone would just keep top speeds...)

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:53 pm

It really needs if we speak about tiny maps. It's more or less playable at primitive circles as Alhatra Wastes, but Yuri Industrial doesn't fit to game's steering physics at all.

RuskiTalib3003 wrote:You're expecting those tanks to drift perfectly fine at 500+Km/h and it just doesn't make sense

Or at least be more mobile

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:05 pm

I'm just upset you guys all seem to be having fun playing grip with one of my favourite features being put back in, and i don't seem to have received the update. Ahhh well, time to cry myself to sleep at the amount of things breaking. Maybe Wednesday evening will bring mountainous treasures to me...
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:41 am

Cheshire wrote:It really needs if we speak about tiny maps. It's more or less playable at primitive circles as Alhatra Wastes, but Yuri Industrial doesn't fit to game's steering physics at all.

What do you mean? Do you have problems controlling your car there? If you think that you can just accelerate all the time and still be in full controll then I advice you to just git gud. (You can just keep accelerating but you need to know how to take every turn if you don't want to get stopped on something, so it requires more skill)
The game matures, and with that the skill ceiling goes highier. It's a fact that in RCs2, steering was a lot easier, but because of that it didn't require that much skill to learn its driving physics. (Wich is not a bad thing, but it just aims for casuals more)
But this is GRIP, these cars are supposed to feel like tanks, and if a tank is going 500Km/h, you can't really expect it to be really controllable, and that's why there're tons of tunnels/barriers/wallriding spots. Once you'll learn how to use them, you'll stop complaining.

Volken

Postby Volken » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:13 am

Cheshire wrote:It really needs if we speak about tiny maps. It's more or less playable at primitive circles as Alhatra Wastes, but Yuri Industrial doesn't fit to game's steering physics at all.

Alhatra Wastes is my favorite track! If you know how to do it, you can take the corners at a pretty high speed. I always play on Auto though so I don't know if that makes a big difference compared to Wild or Normal engine speeds. Yuri industrial is much harder though because it is meant to be a hard map! The only thing I could say still needs some work is the game physics (cars still tend to slide a lot especially if they're on their sides or at weird angles which is something that should definitely be fixed in the near future).

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:22 am

Volken wrote:...I always play on Auto though so I don't know if that makes a big difference compared to Wild or Normal engine speeds.

Auto matches your engine power to AI difficulty level.

Volken

Postby Volken » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:26 am

RuskiTalib3003 wrote:Auto matches your engine power to AI difficulty level.

Well my AI difficulty level is on Hard so that must mean the engine power is on Wild right?

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:40 am

Volken wrote:
RuskiTalib3003 wrote:Auto matches your engine power to AI difficulty level.

Well my AI difficulty level is on Hard so that must mean the engine power is on Wild right?

Yep

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Cheshire wrote:This is not a sensitivity bug. I mean - make cars more brisk. If you ever played last Burnout games or Flatout 2, you could understand what I mean. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in those games, it still could past through any road curves. When car have been accelerated to its max speed in Grip, it is handled as a rocket that collides with walls

Most of the people playing have no trouble making turns with the cars, especially using the Cyclone. You barely have to brake to make all the turns on some tracks with that car. So I can't really see how saying it's a "rocket that collides with walls" as accurate, to be honest

Can you take a screenshot of your steering settings and maybe a video of you driving on a track?
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Announcements”