[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
GRIP Halloween update now in Steam default branch! - GRIP Video Game Forum

GRIP Halloween update now in Steam default branch!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

GRIP Halloween update now in Steam default branch!

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Game Director

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GRIP Halloween update now in Steam default branch!

Postby TheOnLY » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:19 pm

new favourite car confirmed :D
I think the stuttering might actually be a DCP latency issue. After windows decided turn bandwidth control back on again :x. I experienced this issue. Enabling it skyrockets my DPC latency. Disabling it again fixed it.

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Is the patch only available for the public version of the game? It's set on "Private - early web site backers" at home and there is no update. :P
I guess i'll see about that tomorrow, it's time to sleep anyway!
But the new car seems really cool, and the halloween stuff as well! ;)

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Wow! Didn't expect a Halloween update :D
You're just a voice pal.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Oh my... I must be having the greatest dream. Such awesome. I've found a new favourite car too! Guys, the flames from the exhaust pipes when shifting gears... The weight of the car... The acceleration... The power... And... THE SOUND OF THE GATTLERS. I love it.

The halloween update. I never have liked any games' halloween updates. They seem pretentious and in my country there really hasn't been any halloween things so I can't relate that much to it but man, I gotta admit, I like this. I like the design of the pumpkins and the color scheme of Alhatra. It feels... how you say it... Eerie? And it is made with style, not just so that "let's slap some pumpkins here hah hah" And the sound when you drive on a pick up "CRUNCH" really nice.

I must say, I am really loving this game.

(on a side note a thought that came in to my head (which probably has been much discussed already and otherwise is pretty obvious) just a moment ago when racing: this game is going to be so epic, and I think a track editor would give this game probably pretty much an infinite life. It must be hard as hell to implement, but yeah, just felt that I had to say it outloud).

Thank you and Good night <3

Kerake

Postby Kerake » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Noticed a little bug that's not mentioned: when you finish a race and the camera starts to follow the cars, the exhausts of the cars don't show the flames except when they change gear.
New car is pretty damn cool! I still prefer how the Cyclone handles, though. BTW, the new steering feels strange, not sure if it's better or worse than before (I had to put the analog sensibility to around 70% to compensate a bit).
The new shields are cool also (my favourite is still the original one, but I like them all), why are they different in color?
And the last one: why was the MP removed? D:
Thanks for all, good work! :)

EDIT: Another bug that I found: when you are gonna change the tires of the new car, the "internal" position on the list is overwriting the next, but it's fixed once you change again the tires, just wanted to point it out.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:35 pm

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:57 pm

bug?
why TERRA DOMINATOR AND TERRA dreadnaught using same shield?

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:31 pm

It's a feature ;)
Same manufacturers have the same shield. I like it that way and it solidifies design imo

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 am

So: i reinstalled the "not early backers" version, and got to try the Halloween content. ;)
The track looks really nice with pumpkins and the new lighting, and the Vintek is great (but the Cygon remains my favourite car in terms of manoeuvrability).
Well done!

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:46 pm

I checked out the Halloween update aswell, and I have to say, that it is nicely done overall! I like the creepy Alhatra, the Warlander, and the new shields aswell. Amongst the few things which was awkward for me, are the shield's "set up" sounds. The new ones sound like someone just chopped a meat, especially the Vintek type. And the Warlander's hood seems like it didn't get enough attention on details.

Return to “Announcements”