The Vintek Warlander:
NOTE: For those of you who are using the Private branch on Steam, that version still has multiplayer functionality, but will not have the Halloween updates. We are working on that for a release this weekend
Here is a list of some known issues with this patch:
- The menus only support mouse navigation right now. Gamepad support will be coming as soon as possible.
- Vehicle physics can be screwy at times, causing your car to bounce unexpectedly, catch on geometry or spend too much time in the air. We've been aware of these types of issue for a while and have constantly been improving physics as we go. We won't stop until GRIP's cars are a dream to drive
- Some users with older PCs may experience lower performance with the last few patches. This is due to us updating our custom Unreal Engine version to 4.12, and not having the time to fully optimize yet. We'll be looking at this over the next month
- For very few users the game may freeze periodically while playing. This is an issue associated with UE4, of which Epic are aware. If you experience this, some possible workarounds can be found HERE or HERE
- Pickups balancing still needs work, as the EMP gets spammed more than we'd like it to.
- Driving through a pumpkin pickup may cause a slight delay. We're looking into this
- The Vintek Warlander's rim customization is broken. It actually doesn't have any custom rims yet, so the rims screen will be unavailable next patch
- The Vintek shield may have an issue where it gets disabled unexpectedly
- Some users are reporting that pausing the game after finishing an event gets rid of mouse navigation
- Some Vintek sound effects may be louder than other sounds. This will be fixed next patch
- Missile navigation may not work properly on occasion. we're looking into this
- Transport: There are a few areas of the map where you can reset outside of the race tunnel and fall into the void.
- Alhatra Wastes: The car likes to bounce around more on this map than any other, unfortunately. Also, the map still needs some flow work, including a rebuild of the upper path to the left past the bridge in the forwards direction
A list of added stuff in this patch:
- A NEW vehicle! The Vintek Warlander. This is a vintage type vehicle from a new manufacturer. It's also the first mid-class car we've put in the game, having performance and weight characteristics somewhere in between the Dreadnaught and the Dominator
- A spooky menu skin complete with totally scary pumpkins
- A modified version of Alhatra Wastes that has vibrant Halloween themes throughout. Look out for the bats!
- New shield designs for the Cygon and Vintek manufacturers. This helps give each car brand their own identity
- 4 new carkour maps of varying difficulty
- New "Slicks" tires available for any vehicle type
- Windowed and Windowed Full Screen options are now available in the the settings menu (be sure to restart the game)
- Adjusted steering sensitivity to allow for less twitchy settings
- Fixed issue with vehicle rims turning red when the game uses their LODs
- Various other bug fixes
If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
Or you can visit the Steam Page
To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!