List of some known issues with this patch (v.1.1.6):
- SkyTrack: Resetting on this map isn't fully supported as the code isn't ready yet. We wanted you guys to play the track though, so we decided to put it in this patch.
- Islands Track: This map is very WIP and still needs a lot of work. We're releasing it in this patch so we can gather valuable feedback from the community
- The menus only support mouse navigation right now. Gamepad support will be coming as soon as possible.
- Vehicle physics can be screwy at times, causing your car to bounce unexpectedly, catch on geometry or spend too much time in the air. We've been aware of these types of issue for a while and have constantly been improving physics as we go. The Vintek Warlander is the most unstable car, physics-wise.
- Pickups balancing still needs work, especially the EMP
- Some users are reporting that pausing the game after finishing an event gets rid of mouse navigation
- Sometimes resetting the car on any map can transport you to another area of the map, changing your race placement
- Missiles like to crash into the ground sometimes upon deployment
List of changes/additions in this patch:
- Considerably better car physics! Rob has been busy fixing an unwanted oscillation issue as well as much improving the suspension model for all the cars. The result is more predictable driving and less frustration
- TWO new racetracks! Orbital Prime SkyTrack (by Chris) and Liddo5 Islands (by Jeffrey). Both tracks are WIP
- A new ingame tune from Full Kontakt (http://soundcloud.com/fullkontaktuk)
- Optimizations to performance. The game should now run better overall, for all types of PC setups. The vehicle explosion now has 15% of it's previous performance impact.
- Speedpad colour has been changed to green
- Endurance Carkour map now fixed
- Fixed collision issue on thin ramp asset, and added red X skin to specific instances
- Decreased size of HUD's mine indicator
- HUD speedometer now flashes red when player is targeted by a missile
- Added snowmen and lights to the starting gate
- Added wallride to upper route in valley area
- Removed 2nd big jump, improved 1st big one
- Tilted forcefield barriers so players are less likely to ride them
- Gave rocks proper collision, removed unnecessary meshes
- Huge amount of optimizations in terms of lighting and mesh LODing
- Smoothed terrain in areas
- Improved some areas visually. Added animation to some structures as a test
- Still need to rework the tunnel changes in last version to increase difficult and interest
- Reworked left route on the main hill to be quicker and more useful
- Added more signage
If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
Or you can visit the Steam Page
To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!