Tournament chart - UPDATED with results of 22/01 ! wrote:
09/01 : A + B + J + E
16/01 : C + D + K + F
22/01 : L + M + N
30/01 : G + O + H + finale (at 10 pm CEST, see the event page for your local time, or the countdown)
Twitch at RollcageTV
Tracks for 09/01 and 16/01 : Gemini league (Paradise + G-Force + Contact) + Scorpio league (Daytona + Park Life + Frontier)
Tracks for 22/01 : Taurus league (Smugglers + Eruption + Area 52 + Crossover)
Tracks for 30/01 : Taurus league, then pick/ban
Hello fellow racers !
4 months ago, the Rollcage Summer Tournament 2015 occured, which was won by K.Mac
(you can watch the videos of the finales in the RollcageTV channel)
Soon (the 9th of January), the Rollcage Winter Tournament 2016 will start. This time, it's going to be a Neo-mode tournament.
- We will all use the latest Rollcage Redux build, by codemonkey
- Races will be in Neo-mode. If you don't know what neo-mode is, read this
- No Yuri. Sorry for the Yuri lovers
- 12 laps per track (15 was way too long in the last tournament)
- 3/4 tracks per league
- No shortcut allowed ! The only exceptions are :
- Flood Zone
- Double Elimination tournament, in leagues of 4 people :
- Within each league, a Rollcage-like point system is adopted (+10 for the first, +6 for the second, +4 for the third, +0 for the fourth)
- At the end of each league, the third and fourth players are eliminated
- You lose the tournament when you have been eliminated 2 times
- The finale (1st vs 2nd places) will be a best of 5 in 1v1, with maps chosen along a pick/ban system
- 16 participants would be a perfect number. But the tournament can be adapted for more or less people.
While no specific rules apply, it is better for you if you have a stable connection. If you don't, you literally stand no chance since you will be continuously desynchronized with everyone.
The best way to know if you have a stable enough connection is to squat one of our weekly games
This time, we will keep it simple (following Dups' idea), and play on the same tracks than the Gemini, Scorpio and Taurus leagues.
The only exception will be for the finale, where every track will be allowed, including the Training track.
Even though i am open to discussions, i am reluctant to have a prize for two main reasons:
- This competition is more about having fun together and show our skills, and I would not want people to be stressed or angry if they don't get the prize.
- Rollcage is far from being without bugs, and there might be situations where you lose the race not because of your skills but because of technical difficulties (bad ping, small desynchronizations, stuff like that - people who play in the weekly games know what i'm talking about).
If you are interested, please subscribe on this sheet. Fill all the cells please
- We need hosts - people who can successfully host a Rollcage game. In order to host, you need to forward the TCP port 21000 on your router, and set up correctly your firewalls/antivirus. If you're not sure whether you can host or not, send me a message on steam.
- We also need a couple of twitchers to cover at least the finales (the best case scenario would be to have enough twitchers to cover the full tournament of course)
- Finally, I need to know various stuff, including a link to your steam profile, so that I can add you as friend on steam. No worries, no spam guaranteed.
The subscriptions for the tournament are opened until the 15th of December. So make sure to subscribe before this date !
Chris_CE wrote:Man, you guys are such Rollcage casuals....