[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
The last of a dying breed... - GRIP Video Game Forum

The last of a dying breed...

Our favourite racing game. The game that GRIP is deeply inspired by.

Talk about it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The last of a dying breed...

Postby Falkerz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:57 am

I was just sitting here, in University, counting the minutes before I really need a coffee. And I realised something. Many of the people here are amongst the only publically known remaining players of the Rollcage Games. And that makes me sad.

We should dedicate a section of these forums to our great idol. Our one true inspiration. Our founding father if you will. The great and powerful Rollcage. We must spread the word, teach the masses, and ensure the flame of the Rollcage Neo mode continues on. For if we don't, the origins of the next great chapter, GRIP, will forever be lost to the data sticks of history...
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: The last of a dying breed...

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:17 pm

There you go :) Chris just created a new Rollcage subsection within Off-Topic.

Let's teach these newbies a lesson !

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:04 am

Literally didn't even notice that. Took me about 15 minutes to see where this topic had gone. I blame my eyes... Thanks Chris!

Perhaps a video tutorial series, "The History of Rollcage, and How to Git Gud"
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:58 am

:ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:03 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am

Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:27 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:36 am

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Wow guys. I'm not trying to start a cult. Even I acknowledge there's problems, namely with collision detection at such high speeds and the grip issues. Needless to say though, considering when it was made and how it worked, I can't think of many games that pushed the envelope in such a unique way. That's why I think we need this, as it's something that really changed a lot of things. Wipeout wouldn't really have been Wipeout if Psygnosis hadn't done Rollcage first...

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:37 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 pm

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 am

I personally haven't played Rollcage, or Firebugs. My experience with Rollcage is with Rollcage SII, which I found at Disc Replay a couple years ago (I saw it again more recently at a little game store called Reaction Games, for anyone near South Bend, IN looking for a copy! Think Disc Replay has another copy, too). I love SII, and I'm sure I'd enjoy the original if I ever decided to look for an emulator or find a copy in store, and I wouldn't mind trying to find a copy of Firebugs, either.

My point is, Rollcage fans will never truly die off. There's always gonna be that one person who found an old physical copy in a store or randomly found it online, and came looking for more, only to find GRIP and the insane community that flocked to it like moths to a light.
Very fast moths, of course :P
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 am

Last edited by Django on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 am

Let the legend live on :)

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Django, those aren't exactly 'fan' versions.

Also #banDups.

Return to “Rollcage”