[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[POLL] What Content/Feature would you most like to see next? - GRIP Video Game Forum

[POLL] What Content/Feature would you most like to see next?

A place where the GRIP devs poll for feedback on various topics.

Please stay on topic in each poll's corresponding thread

What Content/Feature in GRIP would you most like to see next?

New Vehicle (Tank Class)
19%
New Racetrack (Norvos planet)
15%
New Racetrack (Jahtra planet)
3%
New Racetrack (Liddo 5 planet)
7%
New Arena (Jahtra planet)
1%
New Arena (Norvos planet)
1%
New Playground
2%
More developed Racetrack (Transport)
7%
More developed Arena (Biodome)
No votes
New Power-up (EMP - long range - disables engines temporarily)
6%
New Weapon (Stingers - short range - mini-missile shotgun)
11%
Reverse Mode race option (play tracks the opposite direction)
4%
Speed pads (on the track - give you a small boost)
13%
Counter-measures (flares for avoiding missiles)
6%
Online Leaderboard for Time Trial
6%

Total votes: 158

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

[POLL] What Content/Feature would you most like to see next?

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:23 pm

This poll is for general features and content. There will be other polls in a similar vein - one for additions to functionality, and one for bug fixes.

In this poll, you can choose up to 3 options.

This will help us determine what is important to the community!

If you'd like to elaborate on your choice(s), then feel free to post below. Just try to format it like this:

-Choice 1-

-Reason for choice-

-Choice 2-

-Reason for choice-

Etc.

NOTE: Counter-measures is not guaranteed feature
Game Director

Nebuchaddy

Re: [POLL] What Content/Feature would you most like to see next?

Postby Nebuchaddy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Hey there. First to vote. Seems that having the forums tab always open pays off.

Game is coming awesomely nice. I chose these three options, for the following reasons.

- Tank Class Vehicle -

I end up winning a lot, even on hard, 8 laps, wild speed, any track... I think it's because I've gotten use to the default vehicle. I'd love to see something heavier, harde to handle, more resilent, and so on. Also, making the AI choose another vehicle adds variety.

- Liddo 5 New Track -

I love both tracks on Jahtra, not very fond of Transport, probably because it's still very early in development. I'd love to see a new track in Liddo, because although I don't quite enjoy Transport atm, I think I'll love the aesthetic once it finished and seeing other track with more "colour" like the Trasnport one and tunnels and maybe water (?) would be awesome.

- Reverse mode -

Again, more variety and new ways to think on the same tracks would be awesome.

Keep it up, CE!
I'm Spanish god dammit sorry for my effing grammar jeez.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 pm

-New Vehicle (Tank Class)
More diversity in cars!

-New Racetrack (Norvos planet)
3 tracks arent enough and i dont know the Norvos environment yet.

-New Power-up (EMP)
There is no close range power up.

Something that i would like to see even more would be an online time trail list (no ghost car, just times) as it would add at least some online and isn't that hard to implement compared to other online functionalities.
I just love competitive games :D

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Updated. For some reason it wiped the votes....

Please vote again!
Game Director

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Guess i'll have to change my votes then :D
Bye
-New Racetrack (Norvos planet)...

Hello
-Online Leaderboard for Time Trial
:mrgreen:

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:22 am

-Tank Class-
I like the actual car but I want to try the beast minimacman made us! It looks so powerful *_*

-Develop Transport-
I think this map will be cool, I even have some idea for it (will post it later I'm at work :3)

-Time Trial Online-
I want to see how bad I am :D
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:41 am

*Tank Class!*
I got too hyped seeing the WIP/concept pictures and design. Plus, I think it's better we get this car sooner than later so we have that much more time to test it out, see how it drives and fine-tune it for the future. *-*

*Develop Transport!*
I definitely think that it's better to complete this map before starting a new one. Even though I really want to see how tracks on the other planets would look like, too, I'd want them to also receive the same treatment.

I'm also pretty interested to see what its completed form will look like.

*Speed Pads!*
I think my nostalgia-glasses forced my hand on this one... I was like, ahhh! These are totally necessary! Driving without them feels so... fhjanfdg.

But on second thought, I may be more fond of the online Time Trial. I'd love the competition.

_______

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:00 am

Tank Class - should add some diversity to the gameplay
Norvos Planet - the more to race the better and there still isn't any racetrack on that planet
Stingers - You know you want it :D

Also, a small thing about leaderboards with time trial. They should never become the main form of online competition. It effectively changes the way you need to balance the cars performance and demotivates all those that can't reach something around Top 50-100 times (not much fun seeing yourself on 246th position after all). Generally speaking, in racing games it's preferred to race against other players, not time, especially in a combat racing game.
So in my opinion if you want to implement some form of online competition then it should definitely be ladders as they can be easily based on normal races (Split Second for example had a "ranking system" that made you increase your car number if you scored in the upper half of the race). This can motivate even more casual players to enjoy some competitive races, as they won't be finishing on positions that don't matter. Best examples of Ladder utilisation are League of Legends or Starcraft II.
Leaderboards so far only have negative effect on the game as "the best time" is all that matters, not actual performance in a race. Due to that cheating is more often on a rampage since again, the only satisfaction from leaderboards comes when you're in Top 10 for that lot. Just speaking from personal experience when it comes to leaderboards in PC racing games (DiRT Rally suffers from this very issue right now for example). It's best to either not add it at all or add it after a proper online mode for competition has been implemented.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:12 am

-Tank Class-
Obviously xD
-New norvos track-
Gimme that ice to slide on! :D
-Stingers-
Obviously once again.

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am

Okay, here's my feedback;

-Choice 1-
New Vehicle (Tank Class)

-Reason for choice-
Well, for a start it's already well into development as it is ;) But I'd like to start to see some more variety in the vehicles that are in the game - both for myself as well as for the community so everyone can start to get a taste of what sorts of cars there are going to be and what fits their playstyle.

This obviously can go towards helping to develop the AI, tuning their driving abilities/behaviour to make the best use of what hardware they're using. ;)

-Choice 2-
New Power-up (EMP - long range - disables engines temporarily)

-Reason for choice-
I'm a troll and I want to punish someone trying to turbo past me by shutting off their engines and forcing them to coast to a crawl/fall short of a jump and bin it ;) Okay, srs time, the EMP (and Pulse Push) are the two weapons that I want to see in the game because of their unusual mechanics and it'll help develop strategies with weapon usage too.

-Choice 3-
Speed pads (on the track - give you a small boost)

-Reason for choice-
Speed pads are a staple of the classic series that Grip is inspired by, and they need to be in the game for that reason alone. It'll probably help you guys finetune the cars' "natural" power and the catchup system, too. Plus, y'know - huge glowy f*cking chevron pads on walls and ceilings and sh*t, come on, the arcade fanboys are gonna love it ;)

I'll admit it was hard not to vote for upgrading Transport; that track looks like it's gonna be hella fun. Personal opinion though. :)

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Giovanni » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:45 am

-Choice 1-
New Weapon (Stingers - short range - mini-missile shotgun)

-Reason for choice-
To put it simply I absolutely loathe people who either dodge/block my attacks, so and but with a weapon like this I like being assured that my opponent will have no escape once I come into a fitting range with this weapon. (Also more explosions)

-Choice 2-
Reverse Mode race option (play tracks the opposite direction)

-Reason for choice-
I will be honest with this one, I don't like almost all my tracks being just one-way, as I like being met into an almost completely new direction for the track even though it's just reversed and/or mirrored, heck when I was trying Transport backwards that one floating ramp actually made sense to be there since I'd be pushing myself back onto the track Hot Wheels style.

-Choice 3-
Counter-measures (flares for avoiding missiles)

-Reason for choice-
I am a hypocrite with this one, I like shooting my enemies with missiles but I don't like being shot at with them either >->

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

Game Director

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:22 pm

-Choice 1-
New Vehicle (Tank Class)
more cars/ different cars is always nice and i want to see minimacman´s tank finally in the game *-*

-Choice 2-
Speed pads
its a essential game mechanic that shouldnt be let out for too long. (with speed pads the gameplay of the tracks would also change a bit)

-Choice 3-
New Racetrack (Norvos planet)
the third choice is just a vote for a new racetrack (maybe even polishing transport first), but more tracks /better tracks is very important. i picked novos because it would add the most variety.

the Rest:
- new weapons are cool, but not that important for me.
- online leaderboard would be nice, but atm i dont need to see that nellybergamo is first place, i already know it (posting times in the forum works as alternative)
- new arenas arent that important. im fine with just 3 or 4 arena maps (in the final game), the main focus should be the racing tracks. i had rather two less arenas for one good racing track.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:09 pm

"Tank Class"
I love the current car, but I also want to see some diversity.

"new racetrack Liddo5"
"Welcome to the Jungle..." I still waiting for a jungle environment whit some hazards in the mix.

"EMP"
Missiles, mines and bullets are fun and all, but I really want to see some advance weaponry in the near future.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

masteraran

Postby masteraran » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

- new vehicule-

The implement of the teering option is a good idea but i'm now feeling a lack of personnality with the car control. We can play with it like we want and not how you want us to play with it. Having a new vehicule can add some good feeling.

-new race on liddo 5-

I really like the first lido 5 race. Some really good ideas even if it's just an early WIP. I really want to see how yo u can surprise us with this kind of environnement !

-new race on norvo-

Norvo sound like a fire planet. I want to race in hell ! Give us the pleasur to roast !
Well, i'm french. I eat baguette and fromage.

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:55 pm

If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

nakano

Postby nakano » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Difficult to choose, but voted following:
* Norvos planet: New tracks are always nice (new arena tracks would also be nice in inside only environment).
* Stingers: Don't know what to expect from the shotgun part, but if it answers the driller rocket itch, will be happy with them.
* Speed pads: Just to support the idea. Not necessarily for the current tracks (except maybe Liddo), but future ones.

PoLaRiTy

Postby PoLaRiTy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:54 am

Hi,

I will elaborate to say why I didn't choose reverse mode though I'd like to have this :
I tried to play some tracks in reverse with the time trial, and some shortcuts can't be taken.
There is also a lot of problem with entering tunnels ... mainly all the same problems you got before the public early access release.

This means if you choose to reverse the tracks, you'll have to COMPLETLY change the design of them currently.

For the rest, I'd like to see a new track on jahtra or even a new planet and speed pads (I prefer speed pads the most).

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:43 pm

For me, we have enough details in the game to be getting on with, we just need more variety. So more classes, car designs and tracks are the most important things to get in right now. More weapons, speed pads, etc are all nice but not core to the game right now. More than happy to admit that this is because I've been in the Privet build for a while now and just crave more content.

Return to “Developer Polls”