[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[POLL] Are the cars "floaty"? - Page 2 - GRIP Video Game Forum

[POLL] Are the cars "floaty"?

A place where the GRIP devs poll for feedback on various topics.

Please stay on topic in each poll's corresponding thread

Do the GRIP cars feel "floaty"?

Yes - all the time. They need to feel heavier in general
19%
Yes - but they only feel floaty when you collide with something and enter the air
47%
No - they feel fine for the speeds you're driving at
7%
Maybe - I do think the feeling of weight can be improved
26%

Total votes: 57

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [POLL] Are the cars "floaty"?

Postby wantfastcars » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 am

Playing some more, I feel like I've figured out what the problem is, at least for me - it feels like too much horizontal momentum gets converted to vertical momentum when you crash into anything remotely resembling a ramp or hill. I remember a long time ago Chris (or someone on the dev team) said that they wanted GRIP cars to "slam to a halt" when you ran into a wall, as specifically opposed to how you get launched in Rollcage. Which happens... if you hit a perfectly vertical wall dead-on from a flat surface. As soon as uneven terrain gets put into the equation, the cars turn into Saturn V's and go flying upwards.

Also, I agree with Demigan's points. Even without being on "Wild" engine settings, collisions (particularly with other vehicles) seem too ready to throw you completely off-kilter and causing you to crash. Citing the same example he did, if I'm going 450 km/h and a car in front of me is going around 300 km/h, I should blast him out of the way when I rear-end him, rather than him getting sped-up and me spinning out of control.

Also I really agree with what he is saying about physics feeling the same in any direction, which is probably a much better explanation of my earlier complaint (in a different thread) that sliding sideways feeling like I was on ice. It's because sliding sideways is treated the same (or too similar to) rolling forward or backwards. There's no (or very little) additional friction or traction when your wheels are perpendicular to the direction of motion, which causes slides and losses of control to feel extremely unnatural.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Demigan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [POLL] Are the cars "floaty"?

Postby Demigan » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 am

Return to “Developer Polls”