Finding a game, too specific?

Discuss anything here that is specific to Multiplayer. Please use the bug/crash report subforums for those types of issues.
Carnage
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Finding a game, too specific?

Postby Carnage » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 am

I don't know exactly how the game search works, but it feels way to specific, does it matter if I choose 4 or 8 laps? will that effect my results?
or is it just a general enquiry and I'll get all games with 4 lap results at the top?
As I live in Australia I'm yet to actually get any search results (in global or local) and I'm not sure if it's time of day, poor game detail selection or just that no one is playing online...

I'd love to just see a list of all games that are in lobby listed by ping, and then when you click on them you get the game details and an option to enter, or a filter list via tick boxes that just updates.

The Server search filters on Don't Starve Together are something that I feel is really needed IMHO, specific game searches might be a poor way to find a game if it's not going to list all vaguely close games.
Last edited by Carnage on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Finding a game, too specific?

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:56 am

I think it looks for games that are as close as possible to your settings. However in the past two days several people have reported that they had problems finding games. A proper server browser will probably be implemented sooner or later.

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Muskylounger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

Hey Carnage Im in Aus too. I've got on a few times and managed to find games, sometimes takes a while though. I think I have mine set to 3 laps but I dont think it matters!

Just start the search go get a beverage and a snack and by the time your back youl hopefully have a game come up!

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Online game finding was a bit twatted for a bit, but it should be better now.
It'll always try to take your preferences in consideration, but truth be told it doesn't spend long limiting itself to those parameters because of the relatively small size of the current online community.

GRIP will get a game(server) browser.

Ecinmilo0

Postby Ecinmilo0 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 pm

I am also confused about that.

ShayEllender

Postby ShayEllender » Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am

A server browser is always good. But the game finder should be swift enough too.
I love baking more than I fear death.
Over here I can do what I want (on the Earth).

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Yeah we're looking to put a game browser in, so hang tight
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Multiplayer”