GRIP Leagues - Poll to ask your opinion on an idea for scheduling races

Discuss anything here that is specific to Multiplayer. Please use the bug/crash report subforums for those types of issues.
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

GRIP Leagues - Poll to ask your opinion on an idea for scheduling races

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon May 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Link of the poll here --> https://goo.gl/forms/5rItffgV1pmZx2Ek2

One of the problems of GRIP Multiplayer is that there is no ranking - beginners drive with veterans alike, which can lead to frustration when you cannot win the race.

I'd like to try a League system that would allow beginners to drive with beginners, and veterans with veterans. People would be seperated in leagues, randomly at first, and then those who win (say top 3 on a 10 players race) would go to the next league, while those who lose (bottom 3) would go back to the previous league.

Each week a spreadsheet would indicate who will play with who, what will be the game name, as well as what time and day (but i guess it would be fixed, like Friday 9 pm CEST). If someone can't come, no big deal if he told it before (1 day beforehand), else it's counted as a loss and he goes down one league. 2 times missing consecutive = 1 league down no matter what.

Each league would have two people that would have the responsibility to send me screenshots of the results - then I would enter them on the spreadsheet, and indicate the next step for the week after.

Each week would have 5 tracks taken randomly, possibly with reverse.

I hope it would help to solidify the multiplayer scene, and get at least one meeting time to play together with people of the same skill
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: GRIP Leagues - Poll to ask your opinion on an idea for scheduling races

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:01 pm

I think we need proper stats, progression and rank before any leagues or tournaments in general can happen. Hopefully get those in within the next month
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Multiplayer”