Three-wheeled cars?

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
playabot

Re: Three-wheeled cars?

Postby playabot » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Broscar wrote:The game is getting a 6-wheeled vehicle soon. Just think of it as 2 3-wheeled cars slapped together :'p

The whole 6 wheeled thing is a running joke yeah? please god, tell me it's a joke. Some sort of April fools in October type thing...

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:39 am

Due to the challenging physics in GRIP we have a number of constraints on the wheel configuration. The moment the vehicle becomes even a tiny bit unbalanced a lot of very bad things happen. Symmetry is really important, though we've been exploring ways of having a physics configuration for vehicles that is independent of its visual representation. Still, they have to be fairly similar otherwise the vehicle will just behave implausibly.

What this means though, is that while it's unlikely we'll ever see 3 wheeled vehicles in GRIP, you will start to see vehicles with more than 4 wheels coming soon ;-)
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

playabot

Postby playabot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 am

codemonkey wrote:Due to the challenging physics in GRIP we have a number of constraints on the wheel configuration. The moment the vehicle becomes even a tiny bit unbalanced a lot of very bad things happen. Symmetry is really important, though we've been exploring ways of having a physics configuration for vehicles that is independent of its visual representation. Still, they have to be fairly similar otherwise the vehicle will just behave implausibly.

What this means though, is that while it's unlikely we'll ever see 3 wheeled vehicles in GRIP, you will start to see vehicles with more than 4 wheels coming soon ;-)

You loco ese...

It takes us away from that purist idea of what GRIP should be, for me, a true spiritual successor to Rollcage - but I'll 'roll' with it... Should mean more 'grip' at least haha and diversity is only a good thing. Still good to see the game growing in its own direction.

Won't be truly sold until I see that sucka... insert screenshot request here ;)

Also keen to see what a tank-track style vehicle would look like (perhaps as a wheel option?) and of course a two wheeler from each manufacturer would ad to the mayhem...

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 am

Playabot, you don't define what GRIP is or should be. I also fail to see why you're so opposed to a 6-wheeler, whilst suggesting a 2-wheeler in the same post.

atv_123

Postby atv_123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

In that regard, I think the spiritual successor has been meet... big time. They couldn't have done it much better.

That being said, there is no reason that they can't keep pushing boundaries and make the game even better. I personally would love to see things added that were not in Rollcage. Rollcage is its own game and that should stay that way. (in my opinion... don't get mad, I am just saying)

playabot

Postby playabot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Broscar wrote:Playabot, you don't define what GRIP is or should be. I also fail to see why you're so opposed to a 6-wheeler, whilst suggesting a 2-wheeler in the same post.

Read the post again man...

I say, I’ll roll with it - it reflects a thought process. Grips becoming its own thing. It’s growing up and out. It’s a good thing.

These guys are loco, again that’s not inteded as a negative comment either. They are loco, they’re pushing it, it’s great.

I even go on to say diversity is a good thing...

As for the earlier post, I honestly though 6 wheels was a running joke :) now that I know it isn’t, I’d like to see some concept art or a screenshot if possible. Is it terra? Is it a new alien manufacturer? Will 6 wheeled vehicles be a new class?

Return to “Vehicles”