Decorative Customisation!

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
Aperture

Decorative Customisation!

Postby Aperture » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:58 am

Just an idea to keep things fresh, and to give people something to look forward to and aim for. Nothing but decorative things, but something people have to show for their continued effort, a show-off standpoint. Consider it like League of legends skins, the lower and early changes can range from colour patterns (Which is just a reskin i shouldn't think too difficult to pump out a selection), all the way to actual effects changes. Starting with colours (shooting pink rockets, or red ones etc) up to the most interesting ones that change the look and sound. Imagine shooting the triple twisty rocket and it looks and sounds like a firework. Or the shield emitting sparks and just looking individual. Letting everyone feel special in their choices.

Sorry if this isn't the best thread. it kind of encompasses sound-visuals-vehicles and weapons so i decided to pop it in here.

Demigan

Re: Decorative Customisation!

Postby Demigan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

Might be a bit too much Rocket League's "if it's weird it fits" mentality and less Grips "Monstrous vehicles barrelling down the track at incredible speeds while shooting rockets at each other".

I'm all for decorative customizations though... Sharkteeth Image
Animal patterns
And general colour paterns. Then you have some other things like different engine-lights, different tire profiles, tire rims, shield visiuals, different rocket trails (nothing cartooney, just realisticly coloured smoke or something) and catchphrases/words written on your vehicle (Adios on the backside of your vehicle for instance).

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Visual customizations - including both paint and body mods - are planned. I don't know if bodywraps/vinyls are planned, but as long as they're not too gaudy (or the devs go full "F-it" mode and allow us to import our own pictures for decals) I think it'd be cool.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Demigan

Postby Demigan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 am

wantfastcars wrote:Visual customizations - including both paint and body mods - are planned. I don't know if bodywraps/vinyls are planned, but as long as they're not too gaudy (or the devs go full "F-it" mode and allow us to import our own pictures for decals) I think it'd be cool.

Is Tha Dopefish too gaudy?

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:37 am

@demigan
Dude, there is going to be a disco ball assassin and a disco floor sheild as well as paintball machine guns. I think we hit the if it's weird it fits already. But I do get your point. I do hope for custom decals for the cars. Although you know someone at some point is going to put a dick on their car.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Jetgaze

Postby Jetgaze » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Jet thruster flame colors and variations (Yes i HAWKEN alot) ... Tire patterns and colors (Coz tires in this game are 40% of a car) ... Maybe horn melodies (we dont have horns yet though).

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:22 am

yellowquiet wrote:@demigan
Although you know someone at some point is going to put a dick on their car.

Or even worse. Political flags of rassist or terror groups. It would need some kind of moderation.

Volken

Postby Volken » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 am

Trackmania has customisation done pretty well, lots of options and you can even import your own custom model since all trackmania cars have identical hitboxes. Custom cars get downladed through a very weird system that I don't understand very well (you have to have your ports forwarded for some reason, so the servers can download the skins from your PC i think which is kinda weird). But overall lots of possibilities and creative freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OOvn3JILv4

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:16 am

I know it's not the dark ages of internet anymore, but I'd rather not download a bunch of custom textures every time I join a race. Then again... swim swim hungry.

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:03 am

Raion wrote:I know it's not the dark ages of internet anymore, but I'd rather not download a bunch of custom textures every time I join a race. Then again... swim swim hungry.

Option to turn off downloading/seeing custom decals? On Team Fortress 2 you can have a custom spray for every player in the server and it doesnt seem to add any noticeable extra loading time.

playabot

Postby playabot » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Yeah, bring on all of the above... more tires, rims, decals, jet engine colours, shield designs and colours...

I'm also wondering, is customisation of the actual vehicle frame going to be possible? So changing the style of the body i.e. removing or adding rear spoiler, changing number and placement of jet engines or manipulating other components?

Choosing/editing a vehicle engine sound would also be cool.

And I love the idea of being able to blast a unique sounding horn at opponents as I pass them too :)

How much customisation is planned?

twisted

Postby twisted » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:43 am

What I would like is having a selection of different vinyls for each car and with 3 different colors each. 2 colors right now feels limited a little. The Vintek Rogue having white strips as well as the 2 customizable colors really help make it look less redundant compared to some other cars.

We should have also the option to select chrome paint, scratched metal, worn out, matte, etc. and be able to change thruster flame color and lights inside the wheels and on the bodywork.

Lastly, being able to switch between default color, pre-made skins (e.g. rainbow, camo, sharkteeths, etc.) or customized ones and having at least a dozen of saving slots for them would be real nice. Right now I must take a screenshot of the settings for every colors agencement and variations I like in case I want to revert back. That's one of my biggest ''grip'' :D

I really hope we will get too other rims for the vintek cars. Having customizable body parts would be nice but I know it's expensive and I would rather have CE concentrate on more tracks and cars.

I think that's all!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:27 pm

playabot wrote:How much customisation is planned?

not as much as you've laid out, we just don't have the resources for it

So far we want:
-Tires
-Rims
-Paint designs
-Paint colours (3 parts)
-body kit pieces that add onto the current models
-decals (maybe)

We won't allow for changing paint to things like matte and chrome for cars as it's more difficult and will show anomolies in the textures, but also because we want each manufacturer to have an identity. We don't want Terra cars driving around in chrome or Cygon in matte, for instance
Game Director
GRIP

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 am

Chris_CE wrote:
playabot wrote:How much customisation is planned?

not as much as you've laid out, we just don't have the resources for it

So far we want:
-Tires
-Rims
-Paint designs
-Paint colours (3 parts)
-body kit pieces that add onto the current models
-decals (maybe)

We won't allow for changing paint to things like matte and chrome for cars as it's more difficult and will show anomolies in the textures, but also because we want each manufacturer to have an identity. We don't want Terra cars driving around in chrome or Cygon in matte, for instance

Sounds great :)

playabot

Postby playabot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:59 pm

I think it would be visually interesting to ad a new wheel type (particularly with the new six wheeled terra vehicle on the way)...

Could we see tank style tracks in the game?

I think I mentioned this elsewhere on the forum a while back but didn't get a definitive yes or no...

Cheers

Return to “Vehicles”