[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Camera placements. - GRIP Video Game Forum

Camera placements.

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Camera placements.

Postby WROB3L » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Ok so as we saw in trailer there will be standard 3rd person camera. But what about cockpit view? And perhaps VR support?

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Xaotros
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Camera placements.

Postby Xaotros » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Let's focus on reaching the kickstarter limit XD
Baby steps WROB3L, slow and steady wins the race..but not in rollcage
"We (Sony) never retire any franchise" - Shuhei Yoshida, the current President of SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc)

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Thats just An idea xD

Stinkinmushroom
Grip Contributor
Grip Contributor

Postby Stinkinmushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:29 am

VR support?

vomit. vomit everywhere

Torben
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Torben » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 am

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Oculus_Rift

It's not really a problem, but it shouldn't be top priority.

I personally think cockpit view will be tough to drive in, as your car flips over occassionally. The front-view shown in the trailer, however, looks nice.
And the Dutch said: "Wees zuinig", and thus, somewhat later, we had the moneyz.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:03 am

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

I think that implementing cockpit view could produce a lot of others designing problems. I mean, you would probably need 2 steering wheels (oh, are RC cars handled by steering wheels? :) ) inside of it, and there is also a problem of driver's behavior inside of it when car is flipping.
One of the solutions could be implementation rotating cockpit similar to seats of airbuses. But that could produce a lot of new problems too. We don't want developers to waste too much time on things that aren't really important.

SLOT

Postby SLOT » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:16 pm

+1 here. I think that there are tons of great ideas but at first, it's very important to simply finish the core game and put it on sale. I'm a game developer myself and can tell you lots of stories about little indie studios gone bankrupt just because they didn't manage to acknowledge their priorities and primary goals.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Yeah, that quasi cockpit view from the video was me just slapping a camera on the front of the car to get a cinematic shot. We have never actually driven like that (I was following an AI car while recording).

I always imagined the car had cameras on the hood somewhere to capture a 360 view of the track, rather than seeing anything out of a window. There are camera's modeled on the current car, as I added them early when I thought of how the car actually worked.

We do have a bumper camera which is nice because it's completely tied to the body and has no spring or sway whatsoever which makes it easier.

We'd like to provide all flavour of camera's in the end, but an actual cockpit view with moving parts ala Elite Dangerous is a bit of a stretch.

And VR at these speeds + wall driving and flipping. Holy pukefest Batman.
Not ruling it out though, of course ;)
Game Director

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:52 pm

VR WOULD BE PUKINGLY AMAZING MAH MAN

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:39 am

One thing i just remembered i wanted to mention. Can the camera actually follow the back of the car...

One thing which annoyed me in Rollcage is that if you were span around and were facing the wrong way, the camera would still be facing the right way, head on to the car, so that you would have to press right to go left and press left to go right. This seemed pointlessly frustrating.

Would be much better if the camera followed the back of the car round.

I wonder if we're going to have that random button which span you around with magic fairy dust and made you face the right way... :lol:
Last edited by Tazeram on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Row

Postby Row » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:40 am

VR and 700mph upsidedown movement?.... please... I will buy a new big bucket and at least I will try! :D

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:08 pm

@Taz: They made the camera that way in RC because the damn car always spun like a top. If the camera followed it, you'd have kids foaming at the mouth in record time.

Our camera is very early in development, but it works OK right now. It will be much better in a few months.
Game Director

Selrisitai

Postby Selrisitai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:49 pm

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:05 am

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Yeah the camera is already very adjustable. We'll have plenty of options for that

PC FTW!
Game Director

Return to “Vehicles”