[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
How about fatter tires? - Page 2 - GRIP Video Game Forum

How about fatter tires?

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: How about fatter tires?

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:35 pm

Game Director

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:14 am

Oh yeah? I'm so boring that
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

Azurex
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Azurex » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:01 am

Haha, I had no idea this kind of discussion was going on in the forum.

But yes, I absolutely agree that the tires should be thicker. They look far too skinny, and as a classic Rollcage fan, they're not very appealing! Thicker tires would give the vehicles a much more authoritarian look.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:18 am

I actually prefer the wheels from the P3 build as opposed to the original build/Stage II, and Grip's cars look similar in terms of dimensions so to me that's a good thing.

I'm surprised the argument hasn't involved whether the wheels are not only big enough width-wise but big-enough height-wise. :P Though it seems they are heh.

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 am

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:03 pm

LustVanGoth
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby LustVanGoth » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:56 pm

I would like to see for each kind of track diferent look of wheels/tires like in rollcage :)
Mówił trochę w każdym europejskim języku, i w każdym języku najchętniej milczał.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Idk man. The grip tires still look pretty damn huge. Making them fatter would make it harder to hide clipping issues like Harrisonosirrah mentioned. It would also make them harder to drive in narrower environments. I like the looks of the machine being the main focus rather than the tires. It would be neat to have slightly fatter slick/street tread tires in environments that are mostly asphalt though.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:12 pm

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:38 pm

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Fair enough. I like the size of the current dirt tires but I would like to see street tires be fatter.

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 am

Azurex
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Azurex » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Considering there will be multiple manufacturers of cars as well as various tires to choose from, I'm sure we can fit some big honkin' tires in there somewhere for those who want them
Game Director

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:27 am

I also noticed that the tires are less pronounced in Grip, but I like them. It gives the vehicle's a slightly different profile.

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:43 pm

My Channel:

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:15 am

My 2 cents. Wider tires all day long. I want my car to resemble more of a monster truck than a beach buggy. Reading the responses here though, the answer is clearly giving many options. If the trade-off is nice fat tires that grip for days but at the sacrifice of turning arc vs snappier turning, but sliding all over the place - well, that's a way to do it, but in the long run, letting players unlock purely cosmetic stuff like this is the way to go allowing players the freedom to make what they think is cool. I will just mention that even the concept art for the game I got as part of backing the game show awesomely wide tires. This is the stuff that drew me to the game. I'm talking about the blue car with the orange bg - those wheels look sick!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:19 pm

That blue car in the concept art is definitely making it in the game. I love the rear end and the overall aesthetic... it's like retro sci-fi, and that was Joe's intention when he drew it.

As for the tires: options, options, options.
Game Director

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Ok. i got the idea. Do anybody remember Need for Speed: Carbon? There was this option to change every part to your like`ing (?) with sliders. Maybe this could be implemented to add some more individuality to every car? Im talking about this: https://youtu.be/bm_Qc0H7dJw

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Return to “Vehicles”