How about fatter tires?

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: How about fatter tires?

Postby wantfastcars » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:15 pm

WROB3L wrote:Ok. i got the idea. Do anybody remember Need for Speed: Carbon? There was this option to change every part to your like`ing (?) with sliders. Maybe this could be implemented to add some more individuality to every car? Im talking about this: https://youtu.be/bm_Qc0H7dJw

Yooo, AutoSculpt blew my mind when that game came out in 2004. It'd be awesome to see something like this implemented in GRIP.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am

wantfastcars wrote:
WROB3L wrote:Ok. i got the idea. Do anybody remember Need for Speed: Carbon? There was this option to change every part to your like`ing (?) with sliders. Maybe this could be implemented to add some more individuality to every car? Im talking about this: https://youtu.be/bm_Qc0H7dJw

Yooo, AutoSculpt blew my mind when that game came out in 2004. It'd be awesome to see something like this implemented in GRIP.

I'm sure that would be a pain in the ass to implement. Would be cool, but still...
sus

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Moo wrote:I'm sure that would be a pain in the ass to implement

Yes. Yes it would :p
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 am

You tire nuts will be happy to know that the current vehicle's tires have been fattened up a bit.
Game Director
GRIP

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:18 am

Tire fetish completed !

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm

Are we going to be able to have the ability to change tire types? That would be really cool having slick grooved tires for asphalt and snow tires or dirt tires for off world tracks. I know this isn't F1 but I really like the look of this these types of tires in general.
This could be used for a speed preference tire where it could increase your top speed and grip levels on certain tracks that have asphalt.
This tire could have high levels of speed and grip on snow maps like the festive one we got around christmas. :mrgreen:
And so on...

I also have an idea that we could have a balanced tire which would be an all-round tire which would have no preference on each track but provide the player with an even level of speed and grip. So your choice of tire could alter the cars characteristics in speed and handling. What does everyone else think?

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 am

RacR268 wrote:Are we going to be able to have the ability to change tire types? That would be really cool having slick grooved tires for asphalt and snow tires or dirt tires for off world tracks. I know this isn't F1 but I really like the look of this these types of tires in general.
This could be used for a speed preference tire where it could increase your top speed and grip levels on certain tracks that have asphalt.
This tire could have high levels of speed and grip on snow maps like the festive one we got around christmas. :mrgreen:
And so on...

I also have an idea that we could have a balanced tire which would be an all-round tire which would have no preference on each track but provide the player with an even level of speed and grip. So your choice of tire could alter the cars characteristics in speed and handling. What does everyone else think?

Considering that Rollcage/Stage II had different textures for each world I don't see why not.

But I think that the tires should just be cosmetic. I mean, if we allow three/four different tires with different specs then all that's going to happen is that everyone will just pick the 'best' one for each track and the rest will go unused. It might be too hard to balance each different spec so that each one ends up being competitive on each track. :/

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Return to “Vehicles”