Dominator vs Dreadnought turn radius

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Dominator vs Dreadnought turn radius

Postby TheOnLY » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Since 1.0.10.x something was bugging me with the dominators handling, especially with lower engine power (med or high) and i now figured out what it is.
Despite being the lighter and more agile car it has a significantly larger turn radius than the Dreadnought. :?:
It feels like the dominator is understeering all the time.
Here is a comparison between the two at the same speed:
https://youtu.be/IISB27goE_s

Ryu Makkuro

Re: Dominator vs Dreadnought turn radius

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Well, that was quite apparent for a while now. While dominator is faster off the line, it's slower in everything else basically. Less responsive, slower in the corners, worse turning radius and so on and so fort. If anything, in terms of handling Dominator feels closer to a tank class while Dreadnought is closer to a speedsteer.

Naturally, WIP, so I assume the handling of both of the cars is going to be changed quite a few times anyway.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks for the post. We've changed some things with the driving since the public patch, but I'll do this test myself in the playground to see how the cars behave
Game Director
GRIP

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 am

Chris_CE wrote:Thanks for the post. We've changed some things with the driving since the public patch, but I'll do this test myself in the playground to see how the cars behave

seems like this is still an issue?

- would there be any value in a poll about peoples favourite and least favourite vehicle i.e. most used/best looking/least best looking :D/best handling/worst handling... might be a good time to do it? while there's a lot of content in the pipeline?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:45 pm

I won't be doing that until Rob's worked on the drivetrain, drifting and friction models a bit more. Things will be changing for the better in those areas

Looks as though the Dom has close to the same turning ability as the Dread though (just did some tests), which aint right
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Vehicles”