Dreadnought should be able to shove other cars out of the way.

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
iamthatiam

Dreadnought should be able to shove other cars out of the way.

Postby iamthatiam » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:23 pm

I feel the dreadnought should be able to shunt other cars out of the way. Due to it's reduced capability for braking and accelerating I feel it should drive like a tank that just ploughs through the smaller cars, shunting them out of the way. The dreadnough should also be more stable on the road, meaning it is harder for other cars to knock it off course.

I also feel there should be different branches to a race track which suit different vehicles. This might be hard to balance but I feel it would be extremely worthwhile and would make the games feel more dynamic.

It would be cool if the tracks had direct routes that is longer but with less hazards (more suited for tankier higher top speed vehicales) and more difficult routes that are shortcuts but more difficult to navigate (more suited to lighter fast accelration vehicales) . The vehicles like the Dreadnought should still be able to navigate these shortcuts but they should be hard to master.

These shortcuts might include a bridge over the direct routes which can gradually be destroyed. If im in a tankier vehicle going down the main straight route I can fire a rocket at the rock bridge above, each time making the bridge narrower to navigate until it is finally destroyed. But each time I hit the rock bridge debris will fall onto the main route causing an obtacle or more bumpy terrain.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Dreadnought should be able to shove other cars out of the way.

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:51 pm

It should, but we're not done with tweaking cars yet. We want to get the physics right before we start doing too much tweaking, as it could be a fruitless endeavour.

As for different branches of the track for different cars, I'd rather not split up the pack so much (plus we don't have the manpower to implement and test that kinda thing). GRIP is most fun when you're racing around other players, so splitting them up so much isn't good IMO

I think we can create multiple situations in one section of track that have positive and negative elements for each car class, eliminating the need to split them up
Game Director
GRIP

iamthatiam

Re: Dreadnought should be able to shove other cars out of the way.

Postby iamthatiam » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I enjoy the game a lot already so keep up the good work; can't wait for the next update.

Return to “Vehicles”