Low poly dreadnought model

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Low poly dreadnought model

Postby Mik1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 pm

ive been trying to learn modeling lately and ive had an idea of making a low poly rollcage esque versions of the cars so i tried doing that as a practise. Its propably not very authentic to the ps1 rollcage models and ive made no texture for it but thought id share. Maybe one day when modding is possible i could add in "old school" models.

also thanks to simonc95 for ripping the original model from the game

(took longer to make than id like to admit)

DriftRacer14

Re: Low poly dreadnought model

Postby DriftRacer14 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 pm

If you're going for rollcage-esque vehicles then that does the trick lol looks amazing IMO.

Makes me kind of wish the devs would add a low-poly "Classic" setting to the Options that basically uses oldschool-style things for everything. This would be complicated as hell to implement, though, not to mention unnecessary, so it's just a pipe dream I guess. Would be cool as some DLC or a mod though, and it could potentially allow the game to support rotten potatoes like my craptop. Lower poly = easier to render right? XD
Hopefully I'll be able to get a better machine put together soon so the theoretical 'low poly' mode won't be necessary for me...
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am

DriftRacer14 wrote:If you're going for rollcage-esque vehicles then that does the trick lol looks amazing IMO.
Would be cool as some DLC or a mod though, and it could potentially allow the game to support rotten potatoes like my craptop. Lower poly = easier to render right? XD

Yeah, ive hoped that a mod support in future would allow that and possibly help the game run better on older computers. I personally just really like the early 3d ps1 look with their pixelated low res graphics. I started making a skin for the car but it looked horrible so i just scrapped it.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:23 am

Mik1 wrote:
DriftRacer14 wrote:If you're going for rollcage-esque vehicles then that does the trick lol looks amazing IMO.
Would be cool as some DLC or a mod though, and it could potentially allow the game to support rotten potatoes like my craptop. Lower poly = easier to render right? XD

Yeah, ive hoped that a mod support in future would allow that and possibly help the game run better on older computers. I personally just really like the early 3d ps1 look with their pixelated low res graphics. I started making a skin for the car but it looked horrible so i just scrapped it.

Resolution scale already helps a lot with running GRIP, even on very low machines.

You didn't see Broscar play in 320x200 with 50% resolution scale. It was glorious, PS1 days were back but in worst ! :p
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:You didn't see Broscar play in 320x200 with 50% resolution scale. It was glorious, PS1 days were back but in worst ! :p

Thats the part i dont miss as much from older games.

minimacman
Grip Contributor
Grip Contributor

Postby minimacman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Thats not a bad start there! :) safe to say it took me wayyyy to long to finish that tank! :D
Racing is love, Racing is life :P
vvv Click the image to see my portfolio vvv

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 am

minimacman wrote:Thats not a bad start there! :) safe to say it took me wayyyy to long to finish that tank! :D

Minimacman! Long time no see! I wanted to thank you again for contributing to GRIP. Both the Cygon cyclone and the dread look fantastic and detailed!

Thanks man!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 pm

Tom did a badass job indeed

Nice start Mik!
Game Director
GRIP

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:00 am

Chris_CE wrote:Tom did a badass job indeed

Nice start Mik!
minimacman wrote:Thats not a bad start there! :) safe to say it took me wayyyy to long to finish that tank! :D

Thanks for those kind words. The GRIP Car models are badass and its nice to get to see all the detail of it up close.

Return to “Vehicles”