Favourite cars

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
playabot

Favourite cars

Postby playabot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 pm

I wanted to get a discussion going about ‘what is your favourite car and why?’ Maybe ad, ‘what is your least favourite car and what would make it better?’ I’m interested to see how diverse people’s favs are and wondering what gaps might exist in the current roster. Personally I think the roster will be pretty full with the final terra vehicle and I would happy to buy the rest as DLC – just keep them coming and I’ll keep buying new ones :D

Anyway to kick things off – I am partial to the Dreadnought. Heavy badass frame, exhaust placement... The thing is beautiful. I’m also partial to the Warlander because, well, dat ass!

If you were to ask me what style of car I’d like to see added to the game next, I’d probably say something very sleek. I saw some concept art of a vehicle, you only really see its front right tire and front mid-section in profile – looks a bit like a Lamborghini… but damn! Alien Lamborghini’s. Yes please.

MicrowaveYourHamster

Re: Favourite cars

Postby MicrowaveYourHamster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am

I still cannot decide which car is my favorite. But I lean towards Eversor because it does not suck at any driving statistic in particular.
In terms of looks and engine sound, I prefer the ones that are inspired by nowdays sports cars.

But, please, do not even think about cars as dlc. Please, just don't.

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 am

MicrowaveYourHamster wrote:I still cannot decide which car is my favorite. But I lean towards Eversor because it does not suck at any driving statistic in particular.
In terms of looks and engine sound, I prefer the ones that are inspired by nowdays sports cars.

But, please, do not even think about cars as dlc. Please, just don't.

Why no DLC cars man?

MicrowaveYourHamster

Postby MicrowaveYourHamster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 am

No DLC cars because if it is cars then it will be a mandatory purchase, especially for multiplayer. To me it smells too much like pay to win. There are other ways to allow the players to express their gratitude with cash. Cosmetic micro transactions are one fine example. One of the ARPGs, Path of Exile goes along similar lines but the game itself is free.

Cutting GRIP in small pieces and offering them as DLC would be sad. I well remember the times when DLC did not exist and we were fine then: the players and the game developers.

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 am

MicrowaveYourHamster wrote:No DLC cars because if it is cars then it will be a mandatory purchase, especially for multiplayer. To me it smells too much like pay to win. There are other ways to allow the players to express their gratitude with cash. Cosmetic micro transactions are one fine example. One of the ARPGs, Path of Exile goes along similar lines but the game itself is free.

Cutting GRIP in small pieces and offering them as DLC would be sad. I well remember the times when DLC did not exist and we were fine then: the players and the game developers.

Fair call man, no one wants pay to win. And I'm not suggesting that the product be cut up. But for better or worse, nowadays, we get 'finished' products that grow over time. Nothing is fixed-in day one. Certainly the devs need to consider the initial value proposition and then how best to grow the product over time; and I think a mix of free updates and content and paid DLC is fair. The best mix? Well I'm not sure...

Limiting tracks by making them purchasable would hurt multi-player but I don't see an issue with cars... if it means I get more cars than I would otherwise. I'm not saying sell me an overpowered car, it would still need to be balanced.

But maybe you're right man.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm

No DLC cars would be better than any of the ones in the stock game. Makes no sense to do that, then everyone will be using just those rides.

DLC cars would have slightly different stats, but no real advantage over the existing pack. There will be no pay-to-win BS in GRIP. Quote me on that
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Vehicles”