What about making our own cars from the scratch?

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

What about making our own cars from the scratch?

Postby WROB3L » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:55 pm

As in the subject. Im not sure if im good with sorting cars with classes. I WANT A PINK TANK LIKE DRAGSTER!
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: What about making our own cars from the scratch?

Postby Broscar » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Moved out of Private Release Feedback, because it's not exclusive for the early testing release.

The game will (most likely) have mod support, so...
I know you're probably thinking of sh*t like Robocraft or whatever, but that's not gonna happen.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Broscar wrote:I know you're probably thinking of sh*t like Robocraft or whatever, but that's not gonna happen.

WHHHHATTTT

BRUH What are you talking about? What i was thinking about was that it could be done like in Mad Max or The Crew or whatever
We could change EVERYTHING! Stats, Visuals, Even a goddamn colour of the lights! By parts and RGB Sliders.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Like Need for Speed? IIRC some level of car customization is planned, but it might just be stuff like paint. Being able to identify competition by silhouette is important.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:14 pm

wantfastcars wrote:Like Need for Speed? IIRC some level of car customization is planned, but it might just be stuff like paint. Being able to identify competition by silhouette is important.

Exactly that`s why we should have ability to make cars from the scratch. Every car would be different.
We could change colour of the flames when driving and while using turbo with sliders for example. That would be really helpful for identifying opponents.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:23 pm

WROB3L wrote:
wantfastcars wrote:Like Need for Speed? IIRC some level of car customization is planned, but it might just be stuff like paint. Being able to identify competition by silhouette is important.

Exactly that`s why we should have ability to make cars from the scratch. Every car would be different.
We could change colour of the flames when driving and while using turbo with sliders for example. That would be really helpful for identifying opponents.

What? No, that's the exact opposite of what I mean. You should be able to look at a car and instantly see "That is a car tuned for acceleration and handling, so I should try to take it on the straights or knock it off the track" not "Oh hey I'm racing against Potterman"
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:44 am

wantfastcars wrote:
WROB3L wrote:

What? No, that's the exact opposite of what I mean. You should be able to look at a car and instantly see "That is a car tuned for acceleration and handling, so I should try to take it on the straights or knock it off the track" not "Oh hey I'm racing against Potterman"

Ooooh xD sorry then xD but still some time ago chris said that there will be a lot of options to customize vehicles. Bumpers, exhaust, rims, paint etc. We will see if he was saying truth.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

Silverviolet

Postby Silverviolet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:38 pm

tbh I'd just love the ability to design our own liveries, I feel like complete car creation with varying stats and all could be problematic in terms of fairness. I do enjoy a level playing field.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:23 pm

wantfastcars wrote:You should be able to look at a car and instantly see "That is a car tuned for acceleration and handling, so I should try to take it on the straights or knock it off the track" not "Oh hey I'm racing against Potterman"

Yeah exactly.

Generic stuff, like the front, the back (the engine + exhaust part), wheel types eventually.
lol WROB3L, whatever you're smoking... pass it my way 8-)

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Silverviolet wrote:tbh I'd just love the ability to design our own liveries, I feel like complete car creation with varying stats and all could be problematic in terms of fairness. I do enjoy a level playing field.

A "slot" for custom livery that can be done through Photoshop would be the best option IMO. People that are really good in creating your own liveries will have no problem working with that, while those that aren't usually just won't bother anyway. If done properly, this kind of livery could be very small and easy on the network so everyone could see your custom livery in an MP race. Alternatively there could be an option for disabling downloading of custom liveries from other players in MP lobbies etc.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:30 pm

The issue with custom liveries is screening for offensive material, which can get messy
Game Director
GRIP

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Chris_CE wrote:The issue with custom liveries is screening for offensive material, which can get messy

And if custom liveries are a thing, then there is a 100% chance of a dick car.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Wed May 04, 2016 12:55 am

yellowquiet wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:The issue with custom liveries is screening for offensive material, which can get messy

And if custom liveries are a thing, then there is a 100% chance of a dick car.

Can't escape it. Whatever you do to prevent it, if there is any level of customization in game, there will be dicks.
Proof: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/11/22/people-love-draw-dicks-games-investigative-report
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 am

@the-GURU-man
Ok people love to draw penises. check (funny how the first two comment are just drawings of dicks)

Now how big is the harm? We need to know the exact NoDpiMpMtisti Quotient were at.
Spoiler: show
NoDpiMpMtisti = Number of Dick pictures in Multiplayer per 100 Modifications that is safe to ignore

Cum on were above zero arent we? :roll:

Lets face it everyone with access to internet has seen massive dickery already. Maybe more a question for a lawyer. Maybe if the Dick Quotient is too high it will be banned from stores in America. But as long as its not offical part of the game what is the worst that could happen?

Edit: The less tolerable problem would be political symbols i guess.

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Sun May 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Django wrote:Edit: The less tolerable problem would be political symbols i guess.

And some religious symbols (unwanted ones), because religious fanatics are a thing sadly.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Return to “Vehicles”