Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Suggest your car design

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:44 am

Moo wrote:BEHOLD MY INCREDIBLE PHOTOSHOP SKILLS

Your move, Wrobster. :mrgreen:

+1 for the broken fourth stat :D
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Moo

Postby Moo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:58 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:

+1 for the broken fourth stat :D

Stats so OP they break the stat bars! :mrgreen:
sus

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Wouldn't wings on both sides of the car be kinda pointless? I mean it would produce downforce on the top but then it would be upforce on the bottom that would probably less or equal to the downforce on the top. Maybe wings on the cars should be able to rise and lower like they do on those crazy hyper cars like the Bugatti and the Mclaren P1 or F1.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:16 pm

I like the design of the Vostok Reaper, too.

@yellowquiet
hey, some small body parts that change in different speed would be a cool detail for the game.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:39 pm

@Tiakh
That would be awesome. Only parts I can think of are wings or air brakes when you brake. Carmageddon did it pretty well.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:25 am

yellowquiet wrote:Wouldn't wings on both sides of the car be kinda pointless? I mean it would produce downforce on the top but then it would be upforce on the bottom that would probably less or equal to the downforce on the top. Maybe wings on the cars should be able to rise and lower like they do on those crazy hyper cars like the Bugatti and the Mclaren P1 or F1.

Eh not necessarily, if you wanted to be all technical these cars aren't supposed to have wings as they flip. Even if they were pointed the same way (like how cars have diffusers and canards) a wing would create drag one way making it unstable. If its the opposite/Mirrored it would make more sense. In the end, its just for show.

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:11 am

Something like it i guess...
Im not done, now that i seen the awesome photoshop ill try to make it look more like that

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 am

Chris_CE wrote:And tire sizes are subject to differ as well

I guess you're not saying that all the cars on the same track could have different tire sizes. Cause that would be a bad thing. Tires sizes and wheelbase should be constant. And if tire size is changed, it should be done for all the cars and caused by track type.

yellowquiet wrote:Wouldn't wings on both sides of the car be kinda pointless? I mean it would produce downforce on the top but then it would be upforce on the bottom that would probably less or equal to the downforce on the top. Maybe wings on the cars should be able to rise and lower like they do on those crazy hyper cars like the Bugatti and the Mclaren P1 or F1.

This is a great idea. It would be extremely visual effective seeing bottom wing descending and upper one rising each time the car flips.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 am

RollingGuyMaster wrote:

-

Something like it i guess...

-

Im not done, now that i seen the awesome photoshop ill try to make it look more like that

Wow, I didn't expect you to make a model out of it! Cool stuff!

..and thanks for the compliment! :mrgreen:
sus

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 pm

yellowquiet wrote:@Tiakh
That would be awesome. Only parts I can think of are wings or air brakes when you brake. Carmageddon did it pretty well.

Yeah Rob mentioned air brakes. They might make it in... but we also thought, how much will we really be braking?
We would like to implement some moving parts on the cars. There's already the missile bay that opens up, but flaps and spoilers retracting or moving would be pretty cool.

RollingGuyMaster wrote:car pics

I like the prongs on the front. My original design had just the prongs, but then I added the wind cutter or wahtever the hell you want to call it.
Guess there haven't been many screenshots of the front of the current car.
You'll see it soon enough

Whiplash wrote:

I guess you're not saying that all the cars on the same track could have different tire sizes. Cause that would be a bad thing. Tires sizes and wheelbase should be constant. And if tire size is changed, it should be done for all the cars and caused by track type.

Since we don't want all cars looking exactly the same, they won't all be the same dimensions, including tires.
If you're worried about actual performance, we'd just have them all perform the same.
But all car's tires would be consistent as slicks for concrete, tread for dirt/sand, etc, though. They wouldn't be different in that way.

It's just that what we really don't want to see is seemingly 10 of the same car driving around. And if all the tires are exactly the same visually, that doesn't help differentiate
Game Director
GRIP

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Chris_CE wrote:But all car's tires would be consistent as slicks for concrete, tread for dirt/sand, etc, though. They wouldn't be different in that way.
It's just that what we really don't want to see is seemingly 10 of the same car driving around. And if all the tires are exactly the same visually, that doesn't help differentiate

Ah, OK then. So, basically we will not just have different car manufactures in the universe, but also different tire manufactures. :p You could also think of having tires selection separated from car types. So, we could chose what car+tire(wheel) combination we want to use. Same type of tires(wheels) could just have different sizes for different sized cars.
The most visible difference on wheels are the wheel covers. It would be nice if players could have some custom color options for the wheel covers models that you'll make. Custom car colors + custom wheel covers colors will already result with a pretty unique combinations. ;)

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Chris_CE wrote:
Whiplash wrote:

Since we don't want all cars looking exactly the same, they won't all be the same dimensions, including tires.
If you're worried about actual performance, we'd just have them all perform the same.
But all car's tires would be consistent as slicks for concrete, tread for dirt/sand, etc, though. They wouldn't be different in that way.

Well, I think you should stick to the idea of the wheels having the same -dimensions- in terms of overall size of the entire wheel (rubber+rim) on every car, but then each individual car might have different size rims (bigger rims, smaller sidewall and smaller rim, thicker sidewall) so that you don't end up with cars with different dimentions in the game?

Is that what you were saying? Or did I read it wrong? Is just what I think; sure, at a distance the cars can look like just a box of moving wheels but that's why you're adding the glowy bits to the car bodies and rims, right? ;)

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:48 am

Yeah, i agree that overall vehicle size (width, height, length) shouldn't really vary much, and tyres should stay the same size for all vehicles, otherwise it may look weird having some cars noticeably larger than others.

The thing is, with a few car body shapes, this will definitely add variation to the vehicles on the track without needing to alter total size aspect of the vehicles.

Also, i think with a large colour selection (possibly even having a colour palette option so the player can customise the body colour, pattern colour, wheels and LED lights to their liking, like i suggested somewhere else) would cause a large amount of visual variation on track, so i don't think having loads of different car body shapes is necessary, but not a bad thing either if they look good.

eRZed

Postby eRZed » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 am

Haha, just for fun, I made these one, with some screenshot of wipeout hd ;)

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Looks like a good design for a new 'Tron' game, as the vehicles look like they have just two wheels on the front and back... :P

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:19 pm

eRZed wrote:Haha, just for fun, I made these one, with some screenshot of wipeout hd ;)

(image)

That QIREX version looks sick in a good way :D
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:26 am

dat Feisar.

I'd totes drive that thing.

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

KazzyMac wrote:dat Feisar.

Dat be an EG-X doe. :P

The 'shops look awesome, by the way. I like the Icaras the most!
sus

eRZed

Postby eRZed » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 am

:-D

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Moo wrote:
KazzyMac wrote:dat Feisar.

Dat be an EG-X doe. :P

The 'shops look awesome, by the way. I like the Icaras the most!

Since when was an EG-X blue and yellow? That's feisar colours dangit!

Return to “Vehicles”