Yeah, everything you suggested in that comment has been mentioned in other threads.
In short, i am personally hoping:
- Tyres do change based on track. I.E. Smooth tyres on road, Spikey offroad tyres on offroad races with snow, sand etc... clearly on the tyres, like it was in Rollcage.
- I have mentioned more than once already, i really do not like the idea of Stage 2 style tiers. It is a silly mechanism, as it reduces the cars you want to pick when you are competitive down to the top OP car. (I.E. Genesis in Stage 2).
That said, people have suggested ways around this:
- Upgrades which can make any car model you like top tier.
- Tier being something you select as a setting to any car model, so all car models are available in any tier. (I.E Tier 1 X your cars stat by 1, Tier 2 X your cars stat by 1.5, or something like that).
I am more open to that. Although i still think we should keep it simple and have it more like Rollcage 1. (No OP Yuri though!)
- I hope all cars in Grip to be faster than Rollcage 1, by speedometer, or more importantly feel faster than Rollcage 1 felt.
It has been mentioned by Chris that Grip cars are more weighty, and so don't spin around out of control by small bumps as much, as if they are toys. Therefore, i am hoping clever track design, increased feel of speed and increased power of weapons makes up for the loss of difficulty from improved grip and weight to the cars in Grip.
- I don't personally mind if there isn't many car models, as in their body design, as many looked weird in Rollcage stage 2. I would rather stick to a limited few core designs which don't stray too far from the designs we already see in the Trailer.
I wouldn't even mind if we just stuck with the car design we already see in the Trailer as the only option.
That said, i am hoping for a nice array of paints schemes and patterns! Even better if you have a limited customisability option. (I.E You can pick through a range of limited patterns, but you can colour the car body, pattern on top, rims and LED lights any colour you want with a simple colour wheel).
That way all cars are restricted somewhat so that we don't have stupid Hello Kitty designs and Memes all over vehicles, but we have infinite variety of colour schemes you can choose from.
Although... the thought of Pink and Yellow Rollcage cars.... ugh...
That's a summary of my thoughts from other threads!