[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Car speed, tires and classes - GRIP Video Game Forum

Car speed, tires and classes

Talk about Grip's metal beasts
0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Car speed, tires and classes

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:02 am

I know that in the GRIP, Cars will be categorized by those less controllable but heavier and smaller but more agile.

About the Cars, What I was thinking about is the thing which was added into Rollcage stage II. Do You even remember How much of those cars was there? We could split up cars to different companies and make 25-50 cars for each of them. Companies could be like 5 and more

I know it is too much for us now, but later on in the development when We get a tough dev team we could help them as a community. (I remember the feeling when I unlocked the last car in RC2, Hell of a joy for a kid I was.)

About the Tires, I remember them being very important to me as a child for some reason, I always like to see how they change as the Tracks changes.
Let's make tires being an Icon of "GRIP". Get it? :mrgreen:

About the speed, On the trailer, we can see how The cars drive and the speedometer showing the exact speed. The thing is, High numbers doesnt equal the speed thats shown, I think the cars should be faster then They are (but what can I say out of a little trailer right). What I can say tho is that at the ending of trailer We can see Nitro power-up in action... It just, doesn't feel that fast as it was with Rollcage flow and speed of the maps, which could make someone dizzy really quickly.

At last I want to mention, I know it isn't supposed to be a carbon copy of RC. But keeping those little factors I mentioned could blow up all players Nostalgia bar and I know it could make all the fans really happy (expect tires of course, they are just tires right? I may have some tire fetish)

ALSO IT IS JUST A SUGGESTION AND OPINION, I DON'T WANT ANY OFFENSIVE CRITICISM OR HATE (I had some situations and I just want people to understand ;) )
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Car speed, tires and classes

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for constructive feedback! It is nice to hear everything is already been said on forum and thus being considered by the devs.

It is first time I'm into something that just begins, and I want to help as much to make the game as suitable as possible to every Rollcage fan aswell as any other Crazy drivers out there

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:41 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:42 am

This is excellent imo. My only gripe is how modifications can null the cons of a class of car.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:09 am

Yeah, everything you suggested in that comment has been mentioned in other threads.

In short, i am personally hoping:

- Tyres do change based on track. I.E. Smooth tyres on road, Spikey offroad tyres on offroad races with snow, sand etc... clearly on the tyres, like it was in Rollcage.

- I have mentioned more than once already, i really do not like the idea of Stage 2 style tiers. It is a silly mechanism, as it reduces the cars you want to pick when you are competitive down to the top OP car. (I.E. Genesis in Stage 2).

That said, people have suggested ways around this:

- Upgrades which can make any car model you like top tier.

- Tier being something you select as a setting to any car model, so all car models are available in any tier. (I.E Tier 1 X your cars stat by 1, Tier 2 X your cars stat by 1.5, or something like that).

I am more open to that. Although i still think we should keep it simple and have it more like Rollcage 1. (No OP Yuri though!)

- I hope all cars in Grip to be faster than Rollcage 1, by speedometer, or more importantly feel faster than Rollcage 1 felt.

It has been mentioned by Chris that Grip cars are more weighty, and so don't spin around out of control by small bumps as much, as if they are toys. Therefore, i am hoping clever track design, increased feel of speed and increased power of weapons makes up for the loss of difficulty from improved grip and weight to the cars in Grip.

- I don't personally mind if there isn't many car models, as in their body design, as many looked weird in Rollcage stage 2. I would rather stick to a limited few core designs which don't stray too far from the designs we already see in the Trailer.

I wouldn't even mind if we just stuck with the car design we already see in the Trailer as the only option.

That said, i am hoping for a nice array of paints schemes and patterns! Even better if you have a limited customisability option. (I.E You can pick through a range of limited patterns, but you can colour the car body, pattern on top, rims and LED lights any colour you want with a simple colour wheel).

That way all cars are restricted somewhat so that we don't have stupid Hello Kitty designs and Memes all over vehicles, but we have infinite variety of colour schemes you can choose from.

Although... the thought of Pink and Yellow Rollcage cars.... ugh...

That's a summary of my thoughts from other threads! :P

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:08 am

Very clever said, I would like to point out some of what You wrote:

About tiers:
Tier system is likely to be a good thing, take a look at the game called "Robocraft"

there are 11 tiers for robots, each tier tanks have to be bigger since higher tier, Bigger guns = Stronger tanks.

I was thinking about making 10 or more tiers for GRIP cars that You can upgrade overtime and every 4th tier (more or less) You need a "bigger" Car to participate in races.

About car models:
There has to be more models then just 10 and such, since some people tend to like unlocking new cars. Less cars mean less satisfaction from progressing in the "Story", game can get bored easier in My opinion.

There is nothing wrong in adding many car looks, the thing is, lets make them have balanced "native" specifications, and uprgades could add different stats to each car separately

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 am

You say that, but most people prefer Rollcage to Rollcage Stage 2, yet Rollcage didn't need tiers or unlock-able cars to keep it interesting! (With the exception of Yuri!). :P

Again, unless any car can be upgraded to a higher tier, boosting it's stats, i don't like the idea of tiers, mainly for the reason it vastly reduces diversity in car selection and renders earlier cars useless.

Also, i feel the game mechanic frustrates me. I don't think it suits Rollcage very well. Hence why it feels like Rollcage has the upper hand, despite Rollcage Stage 2 having a greater number of cars.

I just find this all to be too complicated IMO. i just want to select my vehicle, customise / personalise it if i want, and be on my way racing in the career mode, multiplayer mode or online.

I don't want to have to deal with tiers, or locked weapons like in Stage 2, and having to think about random upgrades. I want stats to be fixed, and overall balanced with other vehicles, like in Rollcage 1, i think is the basis of what i'm saying.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 am

More cars more to balance, and the only way to balance them is to put tiers for cars.

some people love those little details and they would definitely want to upgrade their car as they want. upgrading can also be balanced and makes every car pros/cons in some way.

look at Need for speed underground series, early cars can be as fast as one of those you unlock at the end of the game.

I want it to be more of a " I really like the look of this car and I will make it my own", upgrading great acceleration but low speed, light but agile, these colors and then I work on layers to create My perfect car. This is what people like, this make the game stay alive for years.

But I know what you mean, not everyone needs to like it ^_^

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:58 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:17 am

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:40 am

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:54 am

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:49 am

I'd much rather have speed classes than tier-specific vehicles.
If there has to be any non-cosmetic customization, I think Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed did it well.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:52 am

The tier system im all for, but relaying the non-cosmetic upgrades is questionable. To combat possible balance issues there should be a penalty to each upgrade. The upgrades should also influence stats by raw data and not multipliers. For example slapping on a bigger engine will give you more power(+5) but less grip(-2). Now im not saying make the penalties so big that its basically null, just a thought.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:20 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 am

+1 for potty's argument. I would rather see the team working on a track editor rather than trying to implement a tiered car system.

Oh yeah? I'm so boring that
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:29 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Vehicles”