Destruction elements on the track, à la Split/Second

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
bkninja

Destruction elements on the track, à la Split/Second

Postby bkninja » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 am

hey guys Split/Second was a really fun racer that came out that's on Steam where you could blow up parts of the track to obstruct your opponent so you could get past them. In early copy for this game it mentioned that they were not trying to only be like Rollcage but also they mentioned the "fun of old school racers...like Split/Second" or something like that. Anyway, I don't seem to see a lot of track destruction elements in footage of the game or basically anything at all. When I first started following the game it was partially because of that. I guess my question is will any more features like that be added in the future? I think it would really add to the flavor of the game. Thanks.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Destruction elements on the track, à la Split/Second

Postby Queadah » Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 am

hey man. Destruction was there albeit very little of it, even visible at the end of the trailer "Dance of destruction" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dJ0WofSzs, which was ingame but got removed as it needed more polish.

Destruction is absolutely going to be there, it's a matter of resources, priority and time, that's all :)

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 am

I actually had forgotten all about that! Oh boy. (The game is already so good that I almost forget that even all features hasn't implemented yet).
I wish there is going to be "drive-thru" obstacles(that slow you down but break down in the process) and many things to blow with weapons!

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 am

Btw. how is destruction coming along anyway? I really want destruction to the max.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon May 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Destruction is being worked on by our very part time coding helper, Derek. He's made some progress with scripted destruction, but we have issues with the car's interaction with destructible meshes in general, so that needs to be addressed before much more work can be done
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Tracks”