Multiplayer map ideas – Maze & Skyline

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
playabot

Multiplayer map ideas – Maze & Skyline

Postby playabot » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:03 pm

I was watching a dude playing the new level Haze on youtube. Basically it looked like he was trying to break the game and having fun with the unfinished state of things. The dude was basically driving around like a spider-car, so out of bounds, near the top of buildings, up walls and also using the jump mechanic to jump between buildings and also from building to building while driving horizontally on buildings side by side.

As it happens the vehicles are insanely manoeuvrable and agile!!!!

I figured this could be inspiration for some awesome multiplayer maps on orbital prime.

Maze

Maze would be a ground level stage with the battle field populated by a number of structures that players can drive around, up, jump between and so on (maybe designed around the idea that its a power station in terms of asthetic). We’d be looking at a stage that encourages a hide and seek style of play too with players needing to come in close range of others to be successful.

Skyline

Skyline takes place on the top of some very tall buildings – buildings that players can be knocked off of. I think the risk of being shot off rooftops will make for pretty interesting play. So too will, edge grabbing (or driving down the side of the building briefly to avoid incoming fire). And of course just using the new jump mechanic to jump between buildings.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Multiplayer map ideas – Maze & Skyline

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 am

I take it these would be arenas? Indeed, there will be some interesting deathmatch maps, similar to these ;)
Game Director
GRIP

playabot

Re: Multiplayer map ideas – Maze & Skyline

Postby playabot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:56 am

Yep :) thats what I was thinking... cant wait to play!

Return to “Tracks”