Broscar wrote:I greatly dislike the "connected world" idea. In a racing game I want to select my track and get going in 10 seconds or less, not ride around an empty/boring map for 30 seconds (or more) just to reach the race location.
But opinions aside, we both know this idea will not be incorporated in the game.
Queadah wrote:I'm bumping this thread as I think it deserves a shot.
To ground the idea even more, I think it should be possible from a track, to reach (a loading screen to) another track of the same planet:
The interest is that you can "quick race" without pulling out of the immersion and have a connected world instead of a patchwork of maps here and there that you choose from a screen.
- hint at the environment of other tracks in the distance
(like Orbital Prime city already hinted in Skytrack or Islands in the distance on Transport)
- allow a narrow/hidden/non-obvious path on the map
(like a row of large sewer pipes that would dump wastes in Skytrack, which would lead to the city)
- make it possible for a rig to ride it
- once the player is far enough in it, load screen hits with a screenshot of the new track
Hell, make it so:
Thus you enable some world exploration (scraps to collect for parts crafting along with rig wrecks?) while keeping the structure of independent tracks
- a rig carrier awaits on 1 track of a planet (e.g. in a Liddo 5 jungle)
- let the player drive from track to track to reach that carrier and chose another planet + drop cinematic/drop track sequence?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests