Tunnels of TRANSPORT storywise

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Tunnels of TRANSPORT storywise

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:00 am

I know the track is in WIP state, but I would like to think about TRANSPORT on liddo 5 as something thats a part of something bigger and more important for the planet itself

what are those for? I would like to see more details in terms of background of the tunnels or them being used by something later in development, what I mean is for example a train that moves on the bottom center of the tunnel from one point to another (with some containers and crates of supplies for army or something) that could move to certain point of the tunnel and steer left/right to the tunnel thats blocked for us to go into

(please take this post to track section if its not for the early access)
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Tunnels of TRANSPORT storywise

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:03 pm

0Blueaura wrote:(please take this post to track section if its not for the early access)

Just did :P
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:03 am

I believe the current lore for Liddo5 is that it was a highly militarised facility, and teh tracks would be themed around that. Not gonna say much more though, as that's pretty much all I can say.
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 pm

There's a whole story around the Transport map, it's just not populated with art yet. The tunnels transport hazardous materials or useful natural resources via the "A-train" that you can currently see in there (one of them is broken in the tunnel). Just give it time. That map is so far from finished. Even Industrial has sections that are going to be replaced.

BTW, Liddo5 is supposed to be a giant jungle planet littered with research facilities analyzing the plants and landscape. Norvos has the military installations
Game Director
GRIP

minimacman
Grip Contributor
Grip Contributor

Postby minimacman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:17 am

There has been huge changes to the map between when I first raced it and racing it now, i'm loving seeing the iteration and changes :P it'll be insane seeing these maps finished :D
Racing is love, Racing is life :P
vvv Click the image to see my portfolio vvv

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:36 am

I love Transport guys! The tunnels are really challenging to navigate at high speeds. It sort of has a Velocity (RCS2) feel to it when in the tunnels. Velocity is one of my favorite tracks in RCS2 this one in GRIP is a welcome edition. :D

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:01 pm

:)
Game Director
GRIP

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:34 pm

I have a submission concerning TRANSPORT.
I guess THAT new road (see arrow below) may become drivable, but here's my quick photoshop take on the pillars: non-obtrusive pillars FTW !!

• The lower side becomes drivable
  • The advantage is that people on the ground can still target those upside down (and vice versa), whereas, driving on the upper side of the bridge, cars are "hidden".
  • Junction with the tunnel before to be determined (to reach both the upper and lower side of the bridge road). Tunnel split ? Duct shortcut ?
  • A sight like this is glorious, à-la-Inception ;) (the bridge road can later force players on its upper part via a gap, and leave the player free to also join the ground by having no barriers).
  • If both sides of the bridge are drivable, it could be transparent in whole or parts so you see the cars directly mirroring you 8-) (3 layers of possible road)

Yay or nay ? :lol:
Last edited by Queadah on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:56 am

I think that transport really lacks having multiple paths, so +1

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:56 am

I still believe having a trivial ai for train moving from one side to another would be a great addition, just add some noisy sound so that people can hear what is coming (or some signs) and boom, I like the idea of driving upside down on the train road added to transport, but without the upper side, too big of an advantage imo.
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

0Blueaura wrote:train moving from one side to another would be a great addition [...] I like the idea of driving upside down on the train road added to transport

+1, the trains would fit very well. It was fun having that wagon back in the days in that RC map...

Dev team, I think we owe you some x-large box of chocolate for next Christmas. :)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Like I mentioned before, moving trains add more work to be done to AI, so this would come quite a bit later if anything.

I do like the idea of driving on the underside (and the support design is cool), but I'm not sure it would work in that area unless it changes quite a lot
Game Director
GRIP

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Chris_CE wrote:I do like the idea of driving on the underside (and the support design is cool), but I'm not sure it would work in that area unless it changes quite a lot

I struck me that when/if map modding comes, the "bridge asset" should still support double sided drivability, as, even though it wouldn't fit transport currently, players might want to juice GRIP's signature "upside-down" mechanics and use the underside for their own track creations.

A modification in anticipation for the future let's say (just like separate rim models were made to allow customization...)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:08 am

Yeah it would be awesome to have players driving on the underside of a bridge while viewable from other drivers chasing them on the ground. Expect that in an upcoming map ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Yeah it would be awesome to have players driving on the underside of a bridge while viewable from other drivers chasing them on the ground. Expect that in an upcoming map ;)

Holy bananas. You guys are spoiling us, literally :D

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Yeah it would be awesome to have players driving on the underside of a bridge while viewable from other drivers chasing them on the ground. Expect that in an upcoming map ;)

Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Return to “Tracks”