Shrine

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Shrine

Postby Falkerz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:32 am

Following on from the discovery in this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1688 I was driving around on transport, and was thinking about the idea I had mentioned in that thread about having a shrine on each track. What if, the best lap times for each track from the early backers are in those displays at the start line of each track (respectively) and then a track called Shrine is built.

I'm thinking that Shrine would be in a section of null space, with no affiliations or government, except for that of the race, the speed, the challenge of living life on the edge. It'd be somewhat grungy, probably hidden in an asteroid, so could perhaps have some unique element to it (low gravity). Only the best of the best would be able to race here, in the same way that an entire league was locked in RCS2 until you had unlocked the masters campaign. The entire track would be dimly lit, with statues and other homages to various contributors lining the sides of the track. The entire lore of GRIP would be present, people would just need to look.

This could perhaps also be a sort of online hub for people to meet up and plan private matches or something? kind of free roam through the asteroid, driving in your cars, and you drive into a garage or something to interact with people or to modify decals on your car or something? I'm just pulling ideas out of my donkey at this point, but I really like the idea of there being a shrine track in the birthplace of the single greatest and most illegal sport in the known galaxy.
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Shrine

Postby landvaarder » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:12 pm

I'd love the idea of a locked/hidden track that might have some more homage for the early backers/community members
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:52 pm

landvaarder wrote:I'd love the idea of a locked/hidden track that might have some more homage for the early backers/community members

It's a pretty snazzy idea. Sadly, I wasn't provided a notification via PHPBB that you liked it so much. Good thing I'm used to stalking forums...
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:21 am

Falkerz wrote:Following on from the discovery in this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1688 I was driving around on transport, and was thinking about the idea I had mentioned in that thread about having a shrine on each track. What if, the best lap times for each track from the early backers are in those displays at the start line of each track (respectively) and then a track called Shrine is built.

It's gonna be spammed by a guy called nellybergamo you know.. :P
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:21 am

Just re-read your post Falkerz.
Falkerz wrote:It's a pretty snazzy idea.

+1 I like your idea. If ever the devs put energy in a revamped "garage" menu, they could use that asset to explore it:
[Apparently, the design above is from a 3D designer at http://benprocter.squarespace.com/prometheus/garage-landing-feet/ for the Prometheus movie, only this version was too grungy! We should buy it from him ^^]

Idk, we could decide GRIP garages are standard tiny modular spaceships, that can all dock to one to another to form a "track", provided a racer has clearance ("famous" enough, finished league on hard mode/whatever).

This track would have all the trophies and achievements of players since it's made of all individual garages.

OR

It could connect to a pirate lair, a hub that can be a tiny floating gaz station in space with trophies and leaderboards plastered over it. Home of only the best.

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Queadah wrote:Just re-read your post Falkerz.
Falkerz wrote:It's a pretty snazzy idea.

+1 I like your idea. If ever the devs put energy in a revamped "garage" menu, they could use that asset to explore it:
[Apparently, the design above is from a 3D designer at http://benprocter.squarespace.com/prometheus/garage-landing-feet/ for the Prometheus movie, only this version was too grungy! We should buy it from him ^^]

Idk, we could decide GRIP garages are standard tiny modular spaceships, that can all dock to one to another to form a "track", provided a racer has clearance ("famous" enough, finished league on hard mode/whatever).

This track would have all the trophies and achievements of players since it's made of all individual garages.

OR

It could connect to a pirate lair, a hub that can be a tiny floating gaz station in space with trophies and leaderboards plastered over it. Home of only the best.

Literally saw this straight after seeing the post about the multiplayer update. *SSSQUUEEEEEEE NOIIISSSEEEESSSS*

Return to “Tracks”