First off, great work on the Skytrack update! The respawning fixes make the track completely functional, which I think is a feat, considering how different this track is compared to the others, and how much difficulty other games have in getting the AI to drive on floating platforms. Kudos.
I have a few thoughts on the general layout of the track, and a couple of specific suggestions. To start, it would be nice if the track were a longer, though it's okay as is. Second, I think it needs a lot more alternate routes, both minor and large alternatives. (I have a couple suggestions below.) Third, I feel like the track isn't very well "connected"; or in other words, I think the track is too neatly divided into sections. (There's the wall ride section, and then the bouncy platform section, and then the swooping curves section, etc. And these sections don't seem to visually or logically relate from one to the next.) I assume this will get much better once more visual elements and track decorations are added in, but I think it also has a little to do with the track layout itself. For example, the swooping turns (towards the end of the first half of the track) are great, but they are completely unlike anything else on the track. So with nothing else like them, they feel a little out of place. Just my humble opinion on all of that.
Lastly, before I get to my specific suggestions, I assume that the track will get better as it is refined and visual elements added, but it certainly needs some polishing. Also, bouncing can be a problem, particularly when getting onto the wall right at the beginning of the track, and also on the approach towards the finish line--though I suppose that is more like a physics problem.
As for my specific suggestions, I have 3:
1) 1st alternate route. Before the jump onto the bouncy platform, a route could drop away and go under the platform. There could be some obstacles down there relating to the structure of the platform. At last, the lower level will naturally rejoin the main route when it gets to the curves section.
- 20161226164414_1.jpg (401.59 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
Here's another angle:
- 20161226164427_1.jpg (301.03 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
The underside of the platform could look something like this:
- 73367882.jpg (479.1 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
2) At the 3-way split, the left route, instead rejoining the others on the platform following, could continue to the upside-down track piece. If that makes sense.
- 20161226164518_1.jpg (259.54 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
- 20161226164534_1.jpg (182.07 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
- 20161226164527_1.jpg (203.15 KiB) Viewed 9898 times