A Lava planet?

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
XT3

A Lava planet?

Postby XT3 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

You know I have been thinking. Why is there not a lava planet? I mean in almost every Sci-Fi racer there are fire tracks. Quantum Rush, Mario Kart, FAST Racing Neo, Star War Pod racing games to name a few. There is probably more to be honest.

Tracks like this from Quantum Rush, Which is apparently Roll cage inspired. But of course we wouldn't drive through or over lava.

Of course, we got no holographic roads but metal ones! Just imagine rising heat on the racks and perhaps having the environment effect the cars! Like effecting grip. But what I think would make it special would be desirable bridges that turn into ramps that you need to jump. Or route changing like in Split/Second. Where destroying a wall lets loose lava to create a river which alters the track. Now some are big ideas but I know they could be simplified.

I mean Chris mentioned about destructible environments right? So. Think this can be done? Would it fit in the game?
Last edited by XT3 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: A Lava planet?

Postby Queadah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:47 am

Islands would have had my vote for a big ass volcano in the middle of it, plus some fumes. Most Islands are volcanic in nature IRL...

Volken

Postby Volken » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am

I was always thinking that the Norvos should have a volcano level, the track would gradually shift from icy mountains to volcanic caves. It could also work on Liddo5 or even Orbital prime, racing around a geothermal plant deep inside the planet would be pretty cool.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 am

Queadah wrote:Islands would have had my vote for a big ass volcano in the middle of it, plus some fumes. Most Islands are volcanic in nature IRL...

+1
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

atv_123

Postby atv_123 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am

I like this idea. You could also have an area of the track where fresh lava has flown over the track and is still bubbling and boiling leaving you with two options... skirt around the outside of the lava pool (the long slow way around) or risk it all, go for speed, and skim the surface of the lava.

With these cars going as fast as they do, how incredibly strong they are, and how thick the viscosity of lava is it wouldn't be very hard to imagine that they could do this, however, if for some reason you get slowed (be it from a weapon or otherwise) your car would start to sink causing you to need to boost your way back up to speed or start praying you had enough speed to make it to the other side before you were engulfed.

I think that would be really cool if that were part of the track :)

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:43 am

It don't have to be on a whole new planet. I can easily image this happening on Liddo5 or Jahtra...

Edit: but thinking about it a bit more, if Norvos is all ice... well why not?

XT3

Postby XT3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:39 pm

VooDooQky wrote:It don't have to be on a whole new planet. I can easily image this happening on Liddo5 or Jahtra...

Edit: but thinking about it a bit more, if Norvos is all ice... well why not?

I personally as I said before would love to see a full lava and volcano planet but it would be cool to see a lava track on Norvos

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:40 am

XT3 wrote:OP

Moved to Tracks :)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Return to “Tracks”