Terrible Doodle Schematic - ''Tower'' Track Component

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
King Megascience

Terrible Doodle Schematic - ''Tower'' Track Component

Postby King Megascience » Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 am

I've had an idea for a GRIP track floating around in my mind for some time now. It combines my favourite elements of existing tracks with some original ideas I have had. Unfortunately, I have no ability to draw artistically, or use 3D modeling programs, which means my ability to convey this track to the GRIP community is largely limited.

I was doodling elements this idea on some notepaper I have, when I decided to upload my terrible sketch drawing to the forums anyways. I don't know if it is too late for new track ideas to have a chance of making it into the game, but if it gets a positive response, I'll put some more effort into designing this track - either way, it is a good mental exercise for myself.

This is a sketch of the 'tower' track component - the idea I most want to see make it into the game. The first 1/3 of the track is aboveground, and the other 2/3 is subterranean, in an expansive cave system. The tower is the transition between the above- and belowground sections.

grip_idea_-_tower-min_(1).jpg
grip_idea_-_tower-min_(1).jpg (114.64 KiB) Viewed 2853 times

MicrowaveYourHamster

Re: Terrible Doodle Schematic - ''Tower'' Track Component

Postby MicrowaveYourHamster » Tue May 30, 2017 8:03 am

I nice idea IMO. The speed gained at point 5 would be absurdly high, I guess. :D The tracks in general could use some insanely brutal changes in terrain height/elevation in general.
I think there is a similar track section on Transport reverse, except that at point 3 on your drawing the cars are launched forward and back on track, not down into the abyss. :twisted:
BTW, having absolutely no skill in drawing things, I love the way how you drew the cars.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Very nice idea and sketch! Points for that.

My only doubt is that the up-part of the tunnel, if you get emp'd or shot at -> you drop -> what then? You have to reverse a bit to gain enough speed to go up. Or if there are enough speedpads I guess it will work. On the other hand, how awesome it would be to shoot someone and drop them back down!

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:55 am

Skytrack and transport reverse do have the same problem

Return to “Tracks”