Attol Track Feedback

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
kingbeandip

Attol Track Feedback

Postby kingbeandip » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Thought I'd kick off the feedback for this track...

The track is way better than the original islands track, so good work, team. :) The shipwreck and vertical hairpins are fantastic additions.

I have two small suggestions. First, I think the track should have plenty of vegetation, especially in the first part. But of course I don't expect that to be there in this first revision of the track, but vegetation would be great after everything else is said and done.

Second, when entering the shipwreck on the right side (see picture), on my first run it was extremely confusing where to go. I had to drive around in a circle a couple times to figure it out. I don't know whether the solution is better signs, removing some obstacles, a laser fence, or sloping the track more aggressively, but it would be nice to streamline that somewhat. Also, if you miss that hard right turn you run into a giant steel beam that adds insult to injury, even though it does add to the aesthetic (see 2nd picture). Even the AI was stuck on it. :)
Attachments
20170606110117_1.jpg
20170606110117_1.jpg (408.28 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
20170606105445_1.jpg
20170606105445_1.jpg (449.78 KiB) Viewed 4911 times

kingbeandip

Re: Attol Track Feedback

Postby kingbeandip » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:49 pm

I am also beginning to notice that the AI is extremely slow on this track (on wild power), but I suppose that would probably also be something to address when the track is more finalized.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Quick responses:

-AI sucks on this map, yep. I need more time with it.
-The cargo ship is super WIP (hence the signs :p). But once I'm done with it, you'll know exactly where to go. I just wanted to get this map out so people would stop asking where it is, ha
-vegetation likes to corrupt map files. Thanks Unreal. I won't be adding any vegetation on this track until it's final
Game Director
GRIP

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:15 am

Yeah the ship was also super confusing for me :o I like the concept of it though :) It'll be better eventually
You're just a voice pal.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:19 am

Ship is dope ! Luv it :D

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 am

I really love what you did with this track as well (eventhough the glass tunnel on the old version did look nice), the ramp with tight turn at the beginning is really great.
And for the tanker wreck well... it's just an amazing idea! I really like the way you're modifying this track. ;)

twisted

Postby twisted » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Am I the only one who still struggle after much playtime with the upside down path in the shipwreck?

I can't be consistent taking it... if I go too fast I end up in the wall in the turn. If I use jump ability, my car bounces off the roof and if I take the inside of the turn while taking the jump, it doesn't help either as I lose the control of the vehicle when landing.

I think it would really help moving the jump higher to make it closer to the roof.

The second thing which need some more work I think is the bridge on the start line. Sometimes you jump out to the sides and there is no path under the bridge to come back and the big rocks are blocking there.

I think there should be a small tunnel on each sides inside the rocks to go back on track. Another idea would be to add a glass dome over the bridge but I'm not a fan of this solution, I like the first one more.

That's all, everything else on this track is top notch!

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Some tire track marks in the sand with a bit of a pitting, especially on the routes after the ship, and under the bridges would really helpful, indicating the optimal path.

It's nice to have a water splash effect, really! But could it be modified to be more dense and white? Something similar to this:
https://youtu.be/Eo77vgUK6iQ?t=14

Return to “Tracks”