Could assets from FIC and Atoll be combined to make a new track?

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
playabot

Could assets from FIC and Atoll be combined to make a new track?

Postby playabot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm

The track could be sea side on the frozen planet, so the only real asset from Atoll would be the ocean and maybe that big sunken ship but from/on a different angle. Assets from FIC could be used to model the majority of the track. And then place some monstrous glaciers in the ocean! Maybe at a point you drive over one…

Hell even call it Glacier.

While I’m at it… can we have another volcano in the game, but this time on Jahtrah?

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Could assets from FIC and Atoll be combined to make a new track?

Postby Queadah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 am

All for more tracks. Glacier + 999 BUT by Gawd let's NOT get planets mixed up. GAWD NO !!

I know there's a sensitivity where those freaking ramps are EVERYWHERE, but please do NOT kill what's left of planet's specificity.

What a weird Idea. We're not THAT desperate for new tracks.

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:39 am

Dude, half the tracks in the game are re-works. Obviously there's a resource issue. If done right, there are instances where players won't notice. I'm with you on not reusing assets but I think it's somewhat of a reality.

And well it depends on when you want a full release. If you can wait another half decade, sure there's no rush.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am

Don't get salty, ofc I'm good with another decade! RC was released in 1999, that's 18 years ago. I'm fine with another decade (GRIP is basically our only shot at a RC revival in 20ish years). Suits yourself if you want it released in a rush next week.

We don't have the same perspective, that's all ;)

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Queadah wrote:Don't get salty, ofc I'm good with another decade! RC was released in 1999, that's 18 years ago. I'm fine with another decade (GRIP is basically our only shot at a RC revival in 20ish years). Suits yourself if you want it released in a rush next week.

We don't have the same perspective, that's all ;)

Who's getting salty man? :) Facts are facts, 2.5 years in, 8.5 tracks, most WIP. Its not a criticism though so don't take it that way. I respect the work and I'm a long time RC player. Sure we could wait a decade but I'd say the devs would have a road map to get this finnished that is more reasonable. I'm certainly not pushing for a release next week but am hoping to see the game nearing completion maybe end of next year early the following. Its hard to judge because we have no access to the work pipelines for content or an idea of exactly how much content is planned (or do you know something I don't ;)). I'm happy to change this expectation though and look at GRIP as more of a passion project or hobby on the part of the devs. I could wait five years sure but I would hope to be playing this sucka on my ps4 not my ps5.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:26 am

Queadah wrote:All for more tracks. Glacier + 999 BUT by Gawd let's NOT get planets mixed up. GAWD NO !!

I know there's a sensitivity where those freaking ramps are EVERYWHERE, but please do NOT kill what's left of planet's specificity.

What a weird Idea. We're not THAT desperate for new tracks.

Liddo5: Jungle

Orbital Prime: Metropolis = giant city

Norvos: Ice

Jahtra: Dessert

What more Planet specificity is or should be there? I think none. So im all for mixing and like the ideas that are brought up.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:25 pm

My only point was, same assets everywhere look cheap, feels cheap, and removes any semblance of track diversity (ramps with rails, I'm looking at you)

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Im partly with you here but i dont see it as a issue of planet specificity. I see it as a problem of having not enough assets.

And yes many ramps look rather cheap.

playabot

Postby playabot » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I just get the sense that the strat is to twist a re-use assets. I may be well off the mark but the new content we're seeing is reworked/reversed versions of current tracks. By no means a bad thing as it gets more content in the game and I'm not saying its the intent of the devs to have 2 tracks and call them 4 but rather that it gives them a base to build off. Start with one track. Reverse it and manipulate it until it plays like something completely different ad assets later to seal the deal.

But yeah Quead,ramps and rails grind my gears.Sorry Chris... last time I'll say it :)

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Django wrote:Jahtra: Dessert

Mmmm..... Jaaahtraa..... (Drool)

Return to “Tracks”