Poll: What kind of track elements would you most like to see?

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.

What kind of track elements excite you the most?

Ceiling Driving
11%
Wall Driving
11%
Big jumps
9%
Loops
6%
Twisting Track
8%
Hairpin Turns
3%
Tight Tunnels
4%
Track Obstacles (dodging things)
5%
Destructible objects (pillars, buildings, bridges, etc)
12%
Trick jumps (ex. spin off a ramp into a slot the size of your car)
3%
Hidden routes (ex. shoot with a missile to discover)
9%
Triggered Events (ex. spaceship crashes onto the track, bridge collapses)
10%
Random Enviornmental Factors (ex. Tornados, meteors, ice storm, flying alien sheep)
9%

Total votes: 1170

Tazeram

Re: Poll: What kind of track elements would you most like to see?

Postby Tazeram » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 am

How is that even possible? :?

SLOT wrote:Well there are a couple of variants coming to mind:

1. If you lose speed you sink and respawn right after the pond.
2. Place ponds in strategic spots where player is at top speed just for the wow effect.
3. Drive under water, not too much under – 10ft or so. Just to see somebody passing by above.
4. Make ponds not deep, like just half the height of the car and slow the car if it sinks.

I also think option 3 and 4 sounds best, if this feature would be implemented into the game.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Not sure how happy people would be if they're forced to slow down by anything but being affected by a power-up.

The idea of driving on water is interesting, though, and I think the water flying up behind the car from the spinning tires would look wicked.

Maybe just really shallow bodies of water that don't really slow the car down, or do very slightly are a better alternative
Game Director
GRIP

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:56 am

That could still work. You could have really shallow water just for the sake of occasionally having an area of track where you can make a water trail behind the car for the cool-factor. 8-)

gbaranek

Postby gbaranek » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:I like everything but Trick Jumps : I would not want to see a Trackmaniesque jump in racing mode. Though, if something similar to Rollcage Stage 2's scramble mode was to be implemented, why not ?

I fully agree with potterman

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:11 am

Yeah, perhaps placed strategically so that if you cut corners, you get into the waters, much like those parts of the road in some rc2 tracks where you had a damaged pavement that would slow you down.
Oh yeah? I'm so boring that http://forum.cagedelement.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

Hassun

Postby Hassun » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 pm

For me it's all about the unique car designs enabling some Trackmania-esque courses. Inventive applications of being able to drive on walls and ceilings really set Rollcage apart from its contemporaries.

Thyregod

Postby Thyregod » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:14 am

GOD DAMMIT! Now I want flying alien sheep!

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am

Thyregod wrote:GOD DAMMIT! Now I want flying alien sheep!

These are not flying, but still better than nothing
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Jello_Snake
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby Jello_Snake » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 am

I've always wanted to play a track where you're driving through a battle, like random mechs shooting at eachother on the sidelines. Maybe even a bunch of soldiers running around that are capable of killing eachother in a non-scripted way. Maybe even drive right between a mech's legs, but it's a random event that doesn't happen every time. A cool stage I just recently sawa is a dune inspired stage in Fast Racing Neo with giant sand worms jumping around.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 am

Jello_Snake wrote:I've always wanted to play a track where you're driving through a battle, like random mechs shooting at eachother on the sidelines. Maybe even a bunch of soldiers running around that are capable of killing eachother in a non-scripted way. Maybe even drive right between a mech's legs, but it's a random event that doesn't happen every time. A cool stage I just recently sawa is a dune inspired stage in Fast Racing Neo with giant sand worms jumping around.

Motorstorm? :p

... Apocalypse has such amazing random events.

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:45 am

There could always be that one Alien track where in the background you can see a spaceship fight! :lol:

Also, gotta have one track with a bald Red sun like was in Rollcage Stage 2 Leviathan track!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 pm

I think the current desert planet could double as an outworld looking place if I just added a red sun, yeah. It's not too hard to switch things up

Just look at the mood I created for the nighttime gameplay clips. That was essentially just a sun lighting change with a few spot and point lights

Jello_Snake wrote:I've always wanted to play a track where you're driving through a battle, like random mechs shooting at eachother on the sidelines. Maybe even a bunch of soldiers running around that are capable of killing eachother in a non-scripted way. Maybe even drive right between a mech's legs, but it's a random event that doesn't happen every time. A cool stage I just recently sawa is a dune inspired stage in Fast Racing Neo with giant sand worms jumping around.

Yeah I did this kinda environmental immersion, and would like to see some in the final game
I saw that clip from Fast Racing Neo as well. Pretty cool, but I found it happening too often. It looses it's luster after you see it 10 times in one race
Game Director
GRIP

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:09 am

The idea of skidding over a body of water sounds very interesting! And watching other cars zip overhead if you screw up... could play into the risk reward of track design. At any rate would love to see a track with underwater tunnel sections especially in Ureal 4.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:20 am

Chris_CE wrote:I think the current desert planet could double as an outworld looking place.

Yeah, the current environments definitely cover a lot of ground.

The planet "Jahtra" covers "Outworld" and general Desert levels.

The planet "Norvos" can double up as both 'Sapphire Springs' style environments in Rollcage 1, and as elements of "Leviathan" in Rollcage Stage 2, if one of the tracks is more rocky-icicle caves.

'Orbital Prime' covers both Neoto during night time, but also general city in daytime.

And 'Liddo 5'... is completely new! Was that the multicoloured world you posted on Facebook as a joke, and then everyone was like "Keep it with all them colours"? :lol:

The two environments they don't cover, is the absence of any 'Harpoon Island' style environment, with at least one track with an underwater tunnel, and also a 'Jumpgate' style spaceship / techy indoor environment. I would love to see these added too, but i guess that might have to depend on if we reach a "New World" as a stretch goal?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Tazeram wrote:And 'Liddo 5'... is completely new! Was that the multicoloured world you posted on Facebook as a joke, and then everyone was like "Keep it with all them colours"? :lol:

The two environments they don't cover, is the absence of any 'Harpoon Island' style environment, with at least one track with an underwater tunnel, and also a 'Jumpgate' style spaceship / techy indoor environment. I would love to see these added too, but i guess that might have to depend on if we reach a "New World" as a stretch goal?

Lol that landscape I posted to Twitter had test colours on it, just so I could see the texture blend properly. I do like the actual terrain map, though.

Like I said in another thread, Liddo 5 could have areas that have beaches and water, which would fill the harpoon gap.

And yes, hopefully we can have some kind of high tech environment to race through later down the line
Game Director
GRIP

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Chris_CE wrote:[And yes, hopefully we can have some kind of high tech environment to race through later down the line

Yeah, i loved the spirals and fully enclosed tunnels you can have with the inside spaceship environment in Rollcage Stage 2. They make for good Arenas too!

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:44 am

Tazeram wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:[And yes, hopefully we can have some kind of high tech environment to race through later down the line

Yeah, i loved the spirals and fully enclosed tunnels you can have with the inside spaceship environment in Rollcage Stage 2. They make for good Arenas too!

Speaking of RCS2 what about Skyway tracks? My personal favorite was Scramble very well designed track and I loved the atmosphere it had. Hopefully we could have Skyway tracks on a planet or tracks that start on the ground and have ramps that lead to the sky or above a city.

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:42 am

RacR268 wrote:
Tazeram wrote:

Speaking of RCS2 what about Skyway tracks? My personal favorite was Scramble very well designed track and I loved the atmosphere it had. Hopefully we could have Skyway tracks on a planet or tracks that start on the ground and have ramps that lead to the sky or above a city.

It seems like Orbital Prime (the city looking planet) could have 2 or 3 floating tracks. The atmosphere seems to be fitting enough.
sus

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:37 am

Moo wrote:It seems like Orbital Prime (the city looking planet) could have 2 or 3 floating tracks.

Skyway-type tracks are not the same as Jumpgate-type tracks though. The fully enclosed environment of Jumpgate allowed you to be able to go up the walls and ceiling a large amount of the track, without worrying about falling off the track, and i was just saying that i loved the wall-climbing spirals, dodging pillars and jumps which went with the Jumpgate style environment.

Obviously Orbital Prime is floating in the air, so it can take elements of Skyway, but Orbital Prime should focus more on being a Neoto / Daytime city type environment in my opinion. That way the tracks are more open and immersive, whilst having elements of Skyway here and there.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Tazeram wrote:
Moo wrote:It seems like Orbital Prime (the city looking planet) could have 2 or 3 floating tracks.

Skyway-type tracks are not the same as Jumpgate-type tracks though. The fully enclosed environment of Jumpgate allowed you to be able to go up the walls and ceiling a large amount of the track, without worrying about falling off the track, and i was just saying that i loved the wall-climbing spirals, dodging pillars and jumps which went with the Jumpgate style environment.

Obviously Orbital Prime is floating in the air, so it can take elements of Skyway, but Orbital Prime should focus more on being a Neoto / Daytime city type environment in my opinion. That way the tracks are more open and immersive, whilst having elements of Skyway here and there.

One word answer:

... Subways/Sewers.

... Okay, that's two, but a city planet could easily have some underground maintenance tunnels or sewer systems erm ... 'commandeered' ... by the Grip crews at short warning?

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Return to “Tracks”