Tracks share the world (idea)

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
IOU4something

Tracks share the world (idea)

Postby IOU4something » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I don't really know how to explain this but if any of yall played Jak X Racing then you will know what I'm talking about.

It would be cool if curtain tracks shared a map and each track would use different parts of the map but also use some of the same areas. like each planet is one area and the tracks are different combinations of that areas topography.

Sorry if I cant explain this well but think how the maps work in games like TF2. (I know that's a bad example)
Get a Grip

Xirahii

Re: Tracks share the world (idea)

Postby Xirahii » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:20 pm

I'd like to see it made possible for the player to see distinct landmarks of other tracks on the same planet even if they're not racing on them. It would add more unity.

For example, I'd imagine that once more tracks on Jahtra are added, you'd be able to see some of the towering rock formations from Industrial over the horizon, or even the "debris graveyard" from the Wastelands track. It's difficult to come up with examples right now since the tracks we've got atm are enclosed by rock formations, so you wouldn't really see any recognizable landmarks from far distances except, well, more rock formations.

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Tracks where you would be able to teleport to another world? I like this concept
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Similii wrote:Tracks where you would be able to teleport to another world? I like this concept

Ah, is this what was meant? That would be cool. I'm all for anything that really takes advantage of the dynamics between different worlds/environments and meshes them together into something coherent and potentially enjoyable.

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Xirahii wrote:
Similii wrote:Tracks where you would be able to teleport to another world? I like this concept

Ah, is this what was meant? That would be cool. I'm all for anything that really takes advantage of the dynamics between different worlds/environments and meshes them together into something coherent and potentially enjoyable.

Actually I read the post too quickly x) so no that was my idea (and that could make sense in the lore...) but the actual idea is cool too! (even if it's not lore-friendly for me, that could make an other gamemode like random-tracks where the map would be generated part by part
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:04 pm

So a bit like the teleporting orbs in distance that connect very diffrent level parts?

IOU4something

Postby IOU4something » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Similii wrote:
Xirahii wrote:

Actually I read the post too quickly x) so no that was my idea (and that could make sense in the lore...) but the actual idea is cool too! (even if it's not lore-friendly for me, that could make an other gamemode like random-tracks where the map would be generated part by part

Now I like that idea as well but it probably wouldn't work because of the way the AI opponents are programmed :/
Get a Grip

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Django wrote:So a bit like the teleporting orbs in distance that connect very diffrent level parts?

Yeo Django, in my idea that would be through teleport's portal.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:37 am

What if one planet was an artifical moon to the other, and you could race on some glass-metal space tunnel connecting each other?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:52 pm

I can tell you right now that, although teleporting is indeed cool, there is no way this could happen, technically.

But having multiple tracks in one actual map file is planned, so that each track can have parts seen from another, and combined, they take advantage of the environment as a whole
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Tracks”