[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Combining Power ups - GRIP Video Game Forum

Combining Power ups

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Superspecs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Combining Power ups

Postby Superspecs » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 am

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed how you could collect mulitple versions of powerups in the original rollcage games to change their effects. Perhaps this could be implemented/expanded upon.

Thanks

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Combining Power ups

Postby landvaarder » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:10 pm

I personally hated that in RC2.

A lot of the time, the only effect of the item that I want is the upgraded version, or I want 2 of the same item...
both make it really tedious to me.

All we can do is wait and see what they end up implementing.
:ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the

Selrisitai

Postby Selrisitai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:29 pm

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Interesting idea.

I personally would go all about my car's stats and try to squeeze every last drop of performance out of that sucker, while you (as I thing by your comments) would give up some of that passive performance to get better items/weapons.
:ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:43 pm

I'm with Selrisitai on this one. Like armored/battle cars could have a weapon ability, like more powerful versions of a weapon or alters it, pre-installed that way you can build upon weapon abilities even further or focus on stats more when it comes to modding. While racer cars only have access to standard weapons they could get a weapon mod that changes them like being able to double the effect in stage 2. At this rate, we are going to have different car builds much like a character in a RPG or something. I was also thinking that there would be slots for parts and that you could install weapon mods for cars or parts that increase performance. Like having a weapon mod in the front that increases the machine gun's ROF, homing, power .etc or the missile launcher. Or you could have a part that increases aerodynamics and helps with speed or handling or something. While in the back, you could increase shield health or coverage or boost power. Or you could increase top speed/handling or whatever.

TL:DR Part slots that could mod the car's performance or mod the weapon's ability.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:59 am

I was gonna 'nope' all over this but then this talk of 'mods' and stuff got me thinking about Blur and how well-balanced the 'weapon mods' were on that game.

... and then I realised that if this was balanced properly, this would be an amazing strategic addition to the game - so long as there was a finite limit to the number of mods that could be equipped at once (I'd say two or three) and of course that they were balanced correctly so the cons met the pros and meant that someone who had the 'double turbo' upgrade could still be competitively met/beaten by someone who, say, opted for some other setup. Otherwise everyone will just go for the 'make car fast' approach and disappear at the start never to be seen again.

Balance, balance, balance. :P

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:43 pm

My idea for a limit was you could equip weapon mods or improve the car's stats but they would take up a slot. Like say there is a front, sides, back, and center slot for each car. Each slot could have a mod that mods the weapons or improves the car's stats. So you could adjust the balance between weapon power or car performance in any way you want to within the limits.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 pm

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 am

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 am

It would be pretty interesting if there were alternatives for weapons that would be more situational or harder to use but more rewarding similiar to what team fortress (tries) to do with weapon unlocks, differend mechanics but not directly an update since most of the default weapons are the meta in competive

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Reflecting on the idea, I was wondering if the alternative weapons would be good enough to equip instead of a performance mod. So I had the idea of just having a few separate weapon slots.

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”