2 new weapon idea

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
VooDooQky

2 new weapon idea

Postby VooDooQky » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 pm

As the title says, and because someone already mentioned the caltrops!

Let's harass each other more and electrocute others! :D

Pickup: Shock Harpoon/Stun Gun/

Active. Similar to a stun gun, but on a 4 wheeled tank! Lock on homing weapon, relatively short range, requires a short term electric connection between the 2 cars to fully take effect (2sec maybe?). The harpoon bumps the victim upon contact.
Effect: Causing the target car to slow down and emit smoke & electrocuted effects, screen display fades in/out in a faint TV-like noise, making it harder for the player to see what the hell is going on^^ 30% dmg (15% for contact, 15% if the effect could apply)

Pickup: Electric Ram/Power Surge Generator/Electricutter/Lightning Cobra/you name it

Passive. The car becomes outwards electrified for some seconds (or permanently like the shield, I dunno), buzzing and sparking, making a short EMP effect on target upon contact, discharging it's 1 load and possibly kicking it's victim's contacted side up from the surface a bit, making the chaser slip away under it's prey if the shock came from behind. If contacted on the side, the victim might do a flip due to the kick-up effect, weakening control over his car! The bigger the collision is the bigger the kick becomes! Could work on debris aswell. 20% dmg

As I experience in the MP test, there is a lot of occassions bumping into each other, and right now it either ends in a full stop, or a complete flyoff, so I tought why not take benefit from colliding, with something like that?

Pickup: Smoke Screen

Well, I don't think it needs any explaining. I just don't know how would it fare physically-wise on tracks, which might get wind effect later on. But then again... something else with a similar effect? Expanding foam? xD

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: 2 new weapon idea

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:21 am

VooDooQky wrote:snip

Moved to Weapons section
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:39 am

VooDooQky wrote:
Pickup: Electric Ram

^^^This! I want a ram of some kind! For example forward facing "shield-type-of-thing-but-maybe-pointy-or-electric-or-whatever" that would knock the car in front of you slightly more than a regular collision and would not effect the ramming car as much as without it. This would be awesome used with boost to go through 3 cars and ram them in walls and take 1st place. Or some other sort of melee weapon that requires contact as VooDoo suggested!

I like the harpoon idea too! Something physical/mechanical would be cool

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 pm

+1 for electric based weapons. Voo, your idea made me think of the push pull... except with contact. Otherwise a taser ^^

Smoke screen could be nice too, it'd almost beg for a counterpart "night vision" pickup

Volken

Postby Volken » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Spike strips : They cause temporary damage to the wheels making them loose air pressure, increasing grip but significantly reducing accel and top speed till the tyres inflate themselves again.

Instead of the smoke screen we can have something like this:
Flare launcher : Makes missile IR targeting ineffective and creates flashy lights and smoke making it harder for vehicles behind the lead car to see.

Temporal gravity emitter: Creates a huge downforce onto the vehicle using it, pressing it heavily down onto the ground/ceiling. Making it harder to ram or affect with explosives (basically a temporary strength buff).

Electrostatic field: Zaps nearby cars decreasing their grip and slighty reduces their speed, also increases EMP resistance of the car using it.

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:55 am

Volken wrote:Spike strips : They cause temporary damage to the wheels making them loose air pressure, increasing grip but significantly reducing accel and top speed till the tyres inflate themselves again.

Instead of the smoke screen we can have something like this:
Flare launcher : Makes missile IR targeting ineffective and creates flashy lights and smoke making it harder for vehicles behind the lead car to see.

Temporal gravity emitter: Creates a huge downforce onto the vehicle using it, pressing it heavily down onto the ground/ceiling. Making it harder to ram or affect with explosives (basically a temporary strength buff).

Electrostatic field: Zaps nearby cars decreasing their grip and slighty reduces their speed, also increases EMP resistance of the car using it.

the last seriously reminds Re-volt electro bolt/shock power-up
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”