Some weapons, especially mines are boring

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Some weapons, especially mines are boring

Postby TheOnLY » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 pm

With the physics being improved massively in the past few weeks, I think the some of the focus should now move to weapons, as they didn't get any major improvements since the initial build.
Weapons were a huge part of rollcage and what made it great. It made races on easier tracks like paradise more interesting for better players and added much depth to the game.

How it was in rollcage:
In rollcage you could use the explosions of weapons to get a speed boost, something that probably wont be happening in GRIP, because it is more physically sound and it wouldn't fit GRIP imo.
But there were also a lot of ways of how to counter or avoid weapons, these include risky/hard driving maneuver as well as using power ups to destroy the weapon used against you. It allowed for strategy.

Except for the minigun destroying mines there is no such mechanic in GRIP, which makes races on easy tracks boring for better players, since the gunplay that could keep them occupied is not good enough.

List of issues

• The current shield and Assassin spam balance is not fun,
    because once he got a significant lead it comes down to luck whether the leading player gets enough shields to block the incoming Assassins or not. Same for the following players who just have to hope that they get enough assassins to be able to take down the leader.
  • Shields are the only way of defence.
    A shield shouldn't be the only way of defence a player has, because not getting 1,5 for 2 laps will essentially take him out of the race for first - Not fun. There should be ways to counter weapons other that hoping for a shield.
  • Mines mindlessly placed everywhere.
    By trying to get a lead a big a possible, the first player will usually just use the power up he just got immediately to pick up the upcoming next one. This leads to mine spam, while the benefit from using them usually stays low as they are easy to avoid and destroy. Additionally the mines are the least interesting weapon in GRIP as they are just dropped and are forgotten. Even Mario karts banana is more interesting, as it could be used to counter another item if placed just right and was a danger to the player who placed it if none of the other players hit it.

I know that more power ups are planned and it will change the balance, but that will not eliminate the fundamental issue, it can only make it less apparent.

My suggestions:

• Have the mines explode when tapping the inventory slot a second time while its symbol is fading and have a maximum amount of mines per player (for example 5),
    detonating the oldest one when a new one is placed.
    That way the mine could be used to counter a normal rocket by placing and detonating it just before it hits the car. They would still keep their fire and forget aspect when being in a close race since the 5th mine will have been passed by the player a long time ago when it explodes, but force a more thoughtful use for players that have a huge lead. They can essentially still place 4 mines strategically and always detonate the 5th immediately so the strategically placed ones are nor destroyed.

• Have the Assassin target the nose of the car so a shield cant protect the leader.
    and reduce the amount of assassins overall.
    I know that the assassin turning around and coming from the front is planned, but i fail to see how this could work in tight tunnels. Moving the point they target further ahead of the leaders car, having them crash into the ground and using AoE damage (btw its size should be increased, imo, as it should be more dangerous than a normal rocket) to hit the leader. Since the Assassin would lower their altitude later (because they are targeting the front!) than a normal missile they couldn't be destroyed by a mine, but by the (planned) stingers right before the Assassin hits the ground. Braking at the right moment would also reduce the effect the assassin has as you are further away from the impact.

In short: The track wouldn't be flooded with mines, players would have a second defensive tool and mines would have something interesting going for them. Right now they are just really underwhelming, even when spammed.
Assassins would have something more interesting going for them than that the shield / assassin spam balance we have now.

MicrowaveYourHamster

Re: Some weapons, especially mines are boring

Postby MicrowaveYourHamster » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I am genuinely moved by your drawings, especially the starry explosions ;)

Mines - instead of what you suggest, I would rather have them act as rocket decoys for a very limited time (a fraction of a second?) after deployment, and then they would become just ordinary mines. They could even emit some flashy lighting effect for the duration of being a decoy. That would slightly limit the mine-spamming thing, while adding some more thought to using the them.

Assassin - your idea is great. Nothing to whine about.

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:46 am

I actually like how all weapons work atm, my only wish is that assassin spawns get toned down a bit.
You're just a voice pal.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:10 pm

TheOnLY wrote:
  • Have the mines explode when tapping the inventory slot a second time while its symbol is fading [to get a speed boost!!]

+1

I just had the same suggestion on another thread. This is quite fresh and unique a departure from the basic mine use. Worth testing.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Mines:
Alright, good suggestions. How about each player is only allowed to lay two mines at one time (3rd mine makes first one explode and so one) as I think 5 is too much still. As for triggering during the inventory fade out, I'm not sure the fade out is going to stay, so the way to trigger a mine is going to take some thought. Either that or a player can confuse a scorpion's tracking system by dropping a mine right before the missile hits, therefore missing the car (as long as it's headed for the rear). The window for dropping the mine effectively must be very small, though, or it will be too easy to abuse
EDIT: basically what Micro suggested, just we would need to make sure it's not that easy to do. We have trouble with player stayin in the lead as is

Missiles:
The explosion force of the Assassin is currently 1.3x that of the scorpion, FYI. I like the idea of the assassin hitting in front of the car, but it already has a hard enough time hitting the car anywhere. I'm not sure how accurate we can make this thing. I do agree that players should be a bit more able to dodge an assassin as right now it can only really be done in Transport tunnels and FIC cave tunnel

I think once we figure out better implementation for the EMP (or replace it with something better) then that will help balance the races as well
Game Director
GRIP

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Assassins can be dodged at least in FIC hangar/tunnel part also and I think Yuri in the end part just before the big jump before finish line. Generally when you are able to move fast from wall to floor or floor to wall at right timing it is possible and I like it (or I just have happened to be lucky)

Couple of ideas that would be cool, related to the topic to make weapons "less boring": (edit. numbers so you can shoot these down more easily:D)

1. You could blow up your own scorpion with gattler very shortly after it has deployed (just to demonstrate your awesomeness, or maybe even impact someone that's right in front of you?)

2. If you leave a mine and someone behind you is shooting gattlers at you, the mine exploding will impact the car who deployed the mine. That way you'd have to be careful and fight the intuition of leaving a mine if someone is firing you.

3. Scorpions could lock onto mines, thus creating a strategy to hit a mine when one or more opponents are near it (the bang would be bigger since there are 2 things that explode and hard to pull off the timing), or just to destroy it (I think this has been mentioned long ago already).

4. How about scorpions locking on assassins?:D this could create a cool train of missiles. They could all explode from the contact that assassin makes on its target, thus potentially effecting the 2nd player if he is tailing the 1st, or they just drop to the ground or go into random direction.

5. Would be cool if you could drop a mine in the air. You could drop a mine on top of another car! Then the mine only explodes when the car flips, or gets shot at!

6. Would it be too OP if you could target things behind you? By rotating the camera backwards the lock-on would begin. This could be balanced so that missiles from in front of you could be easier to dodge since they come from in front. Or you could only target mines this way, thus trying to time the hit when your opponent is close to it. This would be very hard ofc and you probably would crash while trying to do this since you need to look back, but it would be awesome.

I think generally the more interactions and/or possible uses/tricks the powerups will have the more awesome stuff will happen and the less boring they are, even if they are not directly gameplay-related. E.g. there could be exploding barrells (or military targets or cars or anything that will have a visible reaction) randomly along the tracks just for the sake of making gattling more fun even if you are just using it to get a free slot. Or maybe dead fish rise to the surface if you shoot into the water? I know once there are more destructible environments it will help this issue though.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I agree with the topic.
Of course, weapons will be worked on eventually anyway, but I think it'd be wise to shift focus on them now (/after multiplayer is implemented) to deepen gameplay (and thus potentially attract new customers/other parties).

Confusing scorpions by placing a mine with very strict timing is a great idea.

I'd like it better if the mine could be deployed in mid-air too. Either have it drop to the ground or even just have it float there; drone mine, waiting for you in mid-air after a ramp. This would allow greater strategic depth to placing mines rather than just dumping them on speedpads/pickups like every other game does.

And I'd like to see the Stingers(Driller)/Pulse Push/Reworked EMP/Virus(?) we've been talking about to finally appear in the game ;p

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Mines:
Alright, good suggestions. How about each player is only allowed to lay two mines at one time (3rd mine makes first one explode and so one) as I think 5 is too much still. As for triggering during the inventory fade out, I'm not sure the fade out is going to stay, so the way to trigger a mine is going to take some thought. Either that or a player can confuse a scorpion's tracking system by dropping a mine right before the missile hits, therefore missing the car (as long as it's headed for the rear). The window for dropping the mine effectively must be very small, though, or it will be too easy to abuse
EDIT: basically what Micro suggested, just we would need to make sure it's not that easy to do. We have trouble with player stayin in the lead as is

The problems I see with the mines only being a decoy (see: not being explosible by the owner) are:
  • The player would have to remove the strategically placed mines if he happens to get another mine because he cant get rid of the one he does not want.
  • It would also leave a mine in place when an attempt to destroy a rocket fails. Why not having the additional punishment of also wasting the mine?
  • Giving a player more interaction is usually a good thing and it is what is the mines are lacking to me. Being able to explode your own mines would be much more fun to me.
  • Explosible mines would allow for strategies in team based modes.

And very subjective one:

• Scorpions and assassins navigate the tracks differently. The scorpions fly straight towards their targets, acting kind of similar to heat seeking missiles, while the Assassins can follow through the entire track which means it would need a more complex navigation system like GPS guidance.Why would both fall for the same trick?

EDIT: Also don't forget that you would always have one mine that is destroyed when using it defensively or, more important, when just wasting it, thus with 3 mines max there would be only 2 well placed ones if one of the previous situations occurred.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 am

All very good suggestions imo (+1 Broscar, a priority after MP).
I played MP with my brother recently and we wanted more thrill!
I'm summing up all that's been said below. Weapons? Juice em!

Mines:
  • mines deployable in the air (trigger radius as a sphere) and staying in the air like a "drone" (small up and down hover effect)
  • behavior: when in the air, mine sticks (like a magnet) to the 1st car entering the sphere of effect radius and detonates when car flips on the side where it's glued!
  • mines behave as usual when on the ground (detonation...)
  • detonation possible right after release for speed boost (HP penalty -when destruct. enabled- or shield damage instead -when deployed-)
  • mines as missile decoy (narrow timing)
  • mine dropper NOT immune to his own mines
  • @Chris: I'd say yay for a mine limitator only if the timer disappeared on them. Too many nerfs otherwise imo (it's one or the other)

Missiles:
  • a small window to destroy own missiles with gattler upon deployment (and allow deployment denial by other players + damage)
  • assassins targetable with scorpions to make the leader miserable (missile train) - if the assassin fails, scorpion inherits the target/fails?
  • scorpions locking and launching from behind when turning camera behind! (this is perfect for a flippable shield to handle)

Shield:
  • back/front flippable (pleeeeeeeeeease)

I think all those ideas are great AND work together fine! Let me know of others and I'll update the list ;)

uuaapeli

Postby uuaapeli » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

All of the above comment by Queadah is very true. Those features together will result as a huge amount of variation in the game. That's what this game is all about.

+1 @Queadah ;)

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:38 am

would be interesting to allow players to adjust the power of explosions for MP (maybe through the options set up before a match or through presents)... really give those mines some kick :evil: and send vehicles into the air as was the case with earlier iterations of the weapon before making it 'race compatible' - ad a little bit of crazy

SidisterBore

Postby SidisterBore » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm

I don’t mind the abundance of mines, but I think a reason there are so many is that they are mostly placed due to a player ‘discarding’ them because they want another item…this makes the problem of ‘too many mines’ a-causal.

This is also why having color coordinated items pickups on the course (instead of just green orbs that give random items) would help alleviate the abundance in mines. Racers would instead jockey and battle for position on the track to get to specific item pickups, as opposed to just running over whatever item pick-up is nearby. This makes the acquisition of items more exciting and dynamic.

Also, why make mines their own separate item? They could simply be an alternative deployment of missiles. Like in Mario-Kart, the red-turtle can be reverse deployed as a stationary mine. Why not remove mines all together (or maybe make them much rarer + more powerful) and give the player the option of deploying missiles as a projectile OR a mine.

Heck, ALL items could have alternate deployments. Why not be able to fire a mine forward? It could have short range, and would’t be heat seeking….but it would give a player unfortunate enough to only have mines, the ability to be a little more offensive to racers in front of him (while also requiring a little more skill on the his part)

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:31 pm

I mostly don't share the opinion above. For instance, I've never player Distance but I know this idea of pickups determined on tracks is featured in it.

I don't see GRIP doing that and I don't think it is where GRIP should focus for dynamism.

Only part I can agree with is the principle of squeezing the maximum out of weapons (different deployment - e.g. firing missiles backwards when looking back).

All in all, ref. my post above with the sum up of all our ideas.

SidisterBore

Postby SidisterBore » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Fair enough. Perhaps it could be a track option. Im not prepared to say that making item pickup information transparent would be bad though...it would just make the game different.
Enable/Disable: Viewable/Color Coordinated Item Pickups.

Whether or not this would add or detract from the game, is up to the developers. I, for one, look forward to participating in the Early Access feedback :)

Also:
I do really like the 'rapid mine detonation' for speed boosts idea.

My caveat with the mine limiter on how many mines there are is that it could create a rather inconsistent experience for other racers.

For example, if you're in 2nd place approaching a 1st place opponent on the final lap, and they are on a direct line to an approaching mine....it would feel rather un-fair & un-lucky to have that mine suddenly disappear or have no affect. The opponent in this case would maintain the lead not by skill or execution, but by sheer luck that another racer took it upon themselves to randomly deactivate their old mine absent the knowledge of it almost being rendered effective on a racer. A race would feel more like a roll of the dice in these cases...and I'm willing to bet that this could happen rather often (or perhaps rarely, but still often enough to be noticeable and annoying)

Many of these suggestions are great from a first person game-play point of view, but they may have ramifications to the gameplay...and it's important to not only think of cool weapons/features, but also proper ways of implementing them.

In this case...I think a possible proper way to implement this 'mine limiter' idea, would be to ONLY allow a racer's mine to be disabled or brought out of rotation after completing another task, or make it contingent upon something else. Maybe they can only remove a mine after lapping said mine, so that it has a chance to have an effect on other racers. Perhaps you're approaching a 1st place racer on the final lap and you are desperate to have extra mines to prevent the 3rd place racer from overtaking you...but you are already at your limit and need to wait to pass your prvious mine before an available mine slot becomes available. I don't think something like this would make the game less fun, I think this would simply add a layer of strategy to weapon deployment and inventory management. Lay as many mines as you can? preserve mine slots for certain parts of the track? Save mines for the end of the race?

In addition, having extra weapon deployments for each weapon could offer alternatives to racers if they have reached their limit on mines. If a mine can be projected forward as an unguided missile...this at least gives a racer at their mine limit the option of still being able to deploy their mine in an offensive way without simply ejecting the item that they cannot use due to an arbitrary mine/weapon limit imposed on them by the game.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:37 am

Tathendal wrote:1. You could blow up your own scorpion with gattler very shortly after it has deployed (just to demonstrate your awesomeness, or maybe even impact someone that's right in front of you?)

2. If you leave a mine and someone behind you is shooting gattlers at you, the mine exploding will impact the car who deployed the mine. That way you'd have to be careful and fight the intuition of leaving a mine if someone is firing you.

3. Scorpions could lock onto mines, thus creating a strategy to hit a mine when one or more opponents are near it (the bang would be bigger since there are 2 things that explode and hard to pull off the timing), or just to destroy it (I think this has been mentioned long ago already).

4. How about scorpions locking on assassins?:D this could create a cool train of missiles. They could all explode from the contact that assassin makes on its target, thus potentially effecting the 2nd player if he is tailing the 1st, or they just drop to the ground or go into random direction.

5. Would be cool if you could drop a mine in the air. You could drop a mine on top of another car! Then the mine only explodes when the car flips, or gets shot at!

6. Would it be too OP if you could target things behind you? By rotating the camera backwards the lock-on would begin. This could be balanced so that missiles from in front of you could be easier to dodge since they come from in front. Or you could only target mines this way, thus trying to time the hit when your opponent is close to it. This would be very hard ofc and you probably would crash while trying to do this since you need to look back, but it would be awesome.

I think generally the more interactions and/or possible uses/tricks the powerups will have the more awesome stuff will happen and the less boring they are, even if they are not directly gameplay-related. E.g. there could be exploding barrells (or military targets or cars or anything that will have a visible reaction) randomly along the tracks just for the sake of making gattling more fun even if you are just using it to get a free slot. Or maybe dead fish rise to the surface if you shoot into the water? I know once there are more destructible environments it will help this issue though.

1. I think allowing missiles to be shot by the Raptor will make it OP, especially if it autotargets, like it does everything else

2. Not sure about this idea, would rather limit mines placed by each car to 2 (exploding oldest mine when new one is placed)

3. The scorpion doesn't move fast enough to make this effective. So if you've got cars in front of you and see a mine way up ahead (hard to do + target) then it won't be able to hit the mine in time to make it worthwhile. Maybe we could boost the mine explosion when it's shot by Raptor, then players would wait until cars are near mines to use it

4. I like this idea, and think that it could be a great mechanic. But instead of falling/blowing up suddenly, the scorps also target the leader. This would go well with placing a mine down at the perfect time as a countermeasure to missiles. We'd also no doubt need to make the missiles a bit more dodgeable

5. Agreed, we should make mine air drops a thing

6. Would rather just have dropping a mine behind you at the right time counter a missile

And yep, we will have random destructibles along side the track to shoot for points. Will help players behind in Ultimate races gain points
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 am

TheOnLY wrote:[*]Giving a player more interaction is usually a good thing and it is what is the mines are lacking to me. Being able to explode your own mines would be much more fun to me.
[*]Explosible mines would allow for strategies in team based modes.[/list]

And very subjective one:

• Scorpions and assassins navigate the tracks differently. The scorpions fly straight towards their targets, acting kind of similar to heat seeking missiles, while the Assassins can follow through the entire track which means it would need a more complex navigation system like GPS guidance.Why would both fall for the same trick?

EDIT: Also don't forget that you would always have one mine that is destroyed when using it defensively or, more important, when just wasting it, thus with 3 mines max there would be only 2 well placed ones if one of the previous situations occurred.

The problem is we're running out of room to assign inputs, so where does "explode mine" go on a gamepad?

Also, how would a player even know when to explode a mine unless it's a team game and their teammate is right near an opponent near a mine (and has the reaction time to tell his mate to explode it - plus there can be lag)

If scorpions only flew straight at opponents, they'd probably make their target 10% of the time they do now, making the missiles pretty much useless :/
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 am

Queadah wrote:Mines:
  • mines deployable in the air (trigger radius as a sphere) and staying in the air like a "drone" (small up and down hover effect)
  • behavior: when in the air, mine sticks (like a magnet) to the 1st car entering the sphere of effect radius and detonates when car flips on the side where it's glued!
  • mines behave as usual when on the ground (detonation...)
  • detonation possible right after release for speed boost (HP penalty -when destruct. enabled- or shield damage instead -when deployed-)
  • mines as missile decoy (narrow timing)
  • mine dropper NOT immune to his own mines
  • @Chris: I'd say yay for a mine limitator only if the timer disappeared on them. Too many nerfs otherwise imo (it's one or the other)

Missiles:
  • a small window to destroy own missiles with gattler upon deployment (and allow deployment denial by other players + damage)
  • assassins targetable with scorpions to make the leader miserable (missile train) - if the assassin fails, scorpion inherits the target/fails?
  • scorpions locking and launching from behind when turning camera behind! (this is perfect for a flippable shield to handle)

Shield:
  • back/front flippable (pleeeeeeeeeease)

My Mines list would be yours, except minus those two. There would be no timer on mines, yea.

Missiles list - I don't see the point of blowing up your own missile (unless it's for points in Ultimate) but having the Raptor target missiles at all is pretty OP

I do like the idea of launching missiles backwards, as the player firing will have to take the risk of looking backwards long enough to target someone. Then the player targeted has a limited window to switch a shield facing forwards if they have one. Plus they could no doubt dodge missiles easier than if being targeted from the back

So yeah, shield switch to front needs to be done, if not just for the sake of blocking mines
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am

agcue wrote:would be interesting to allow players to adjust the power of explosions for MP (maybe through the options set up before a match or through presents)... really give those mines some kick :evil: and send vehicles into the air as was the case with earlier iterations of the weapon before making it 'race compatible' - ad a little bit of crazy

The more options, the more divided a community can become. This could be a mutator we can introduce later in time, though
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:03 pm

SidisterBore wrote:Enable/Disable: Viewable/Color Coordinated Item Pickups.

My caveat with the mine limiter on how many mines there are is that it could create a rather inconsistent experience for other racers.

For example, if you're in 2nd place approaching a 1st place opponent on the final lap, and they are on a direct line to an approaching mine....it would feel rather un-fair & un-lucky to have that mine suddenly disappear or have no affect. The opponent in this case would maintain the lead not by skill or execution, but by sheer luck that another racer took it upon themselves to randomly deactivate their old mine absent the knowledge of it almost being rendered effective on a racer. A race would feel more like a roll of the dice in these cases...and I'm willing to bet that this could happen rather often (or perhaps rarely, but still often enough to be noticeable and annoying)

Many of these suggestions are great from a first person game-play point of view, but they may have ramifications to the gameplay...and it's important to not only think of cool weapons/features, but also proper ways of implementing them.

In this case...I think a possible proper way to implement this 'mine limiter' idea, would be to ONLY allow a racer's mine to be disabled or brought out of rotation after completing another task, or make it contingent upon something else. Maybe they can only remove a mine after lapping said mine, so that it has a chance to have an effect on other racers. Perhaps you're approaching a 1st place racer on the final lap and you are desperate to have extra mines to prevent the 3rd place racer from overtaking you...but you are already at your limit and need to wait to pass your prvious mine before an available mine slot becomes available. I don't think something like this would make the game less fun, I think this would simply add a layer of strategy to weapon deployment and inventory management. Lay as many mines as you can? preserve mine slots for certain parts of the track? Save mines for the end of the race?

In addition, having extra weapon deployments for each weapon could offer alternatives to racers if they have reached their limit on mines. If a mine can be projected forward as an unguided missile...this at least gives a racer at their mine limit the option of still being able to deploy their mine in an offensive way without simply ejecting the item that they cannot use due to an arbitrary mine/weapon limit imposed on them by the game.

Nah, we won't be colour-coding pickups on the track. We're sticking with the element of surprise.

RE: caveat to mines

Well that's the luck of the draw, if someone drops a new mine and already has the max on the track, it's going to explode. I don't see this happening often at all, as the players who mostly get mines are in the front of the pack and if they know they've dropped a mine ahead, they'll leave it so the leader possibly hits it

Don't really agree with the notion that mines should be left until another task is achieved, if anything that's convoluted for a game like this, and to me is more frustrating, especially if the player doesn't know what's happening - which could easily be the case

I do like the idea of "throwing" a mine though. That could work really well in Arena mode. Maybe the player holds the deploy input for a period of time and the longer the hold, the further it gets thrown in front of them. Could make for some awesome Arena kills
Game Director
GRIP

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Another thought...

If missiles can be fired backwards, they should be able to target incoming missiles as well. If so, this means there's Scorpions, mines and the shield as countermeasures to missiles. We then don't have to worry as much about Asssassins being spammed too much (therefore spawn them more), plus the reliance on the shield is reduced, and it can be spawned less frequently as a pickup (as it uses very little skill and should be more rare)

Players who are targeted from the front can use the Raptor to shoot missiles as long as they're pretty close to impact.
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”