Poll: What kinds of pick-ups would you like to see in Grip?

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here

What kind of additional weapons and power-ups would you like to see in Grip?

Energy rifle/rail gun - (line of energy blasts cars away harder than any other weapon. Tough to aim, though)
19%
Plasma cannon - (shoots orbs of energy that are slow and easy to avoid, but pack a big punch)
7%
Pulse Push - (a wave of energy shoots out in a sphere around your car, knocking any enemies in the radius away from you)
19%
EMP - (very temporarily disables the engines of cars in it's affected radius around you)
9%
Snare - (latches onto a car in front of you, either pulling them to you, or you to them, allowing you to slow them down or pass them)
10%
Orbital strike - (fires beams of death down from above ahead of your position. Cars can avoid them if observant)
14%
Spiral rockets - (shoots multiple rockets in a sprialing formation directly in front of the car. Do not have targeting abilities)
23%

Total votes: 463

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Poll: What kinds of pick-ups would you like to see in Grip?

Postby landvaarder » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:19 pm

hoybrown wrote:Please find a way to implement the time warp pick-up. So frustratingly brilliant!

That would be the planned EMP.
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

SpikeX

Postby SpikeX » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:54 pm

landvaarder wrote:That would be the planned EMP.

If it is then it should react like the time warp. I saw people saying u have to shoot it? But i rather would want to see it effect all leading cars then.. making those in more leading positions slower, like the time warp did..

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:44 pm

I would go and watch Blur game to gain some inspiration of how pickups should visually look. like when catching emp shot
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

AssKickerson

Postby AssKickerson » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:04 pm

How about a powerup that gives you some sort of temporary ram in front of your car so that when you bump into other vehicles it just knocks them out of the way and you're only slightly slowed down instead of spinning out of control? Could see it as a pickup for when you're really far behind in 8th, 9th or 10th

Or alternatively, maybe just some way to put your shield in front of you for the same effect (though doing it once or twice will break your shield)

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:43 am

SpikeX wrote:
landvaarder wrote:That would be the planned EMP.

If it is then it should react like the time warp. I saw people saying u have to shoot it? But i rather would want to see it effect all leading cars then.. making those in more leading positions slower, like the time warp did..

They are completly different in many aspects, the time warp is slowing the time around the user's car and has a global effect.
The EMP on the other hand drain the effected car power to zero (stop cars in it's track or slowly stops) and has a limited range (depends how powerfull the device is).
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 am

I know this sounds crazy but... freaking wings or an antigravity pickup would kick serious arses.

Rotating wheels as antigrav/thrusters ala "back to the future" would blow my f*cking mind away!

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:25 am

Queadah wrote:I know this sounds crazy but... freaking wings or an antigravity pickup would kick serious arses.

Rotating wheels as antigrav/thrusters ala "back to the future" would blow my f*cking mind away!

this could be used by light weight cars to prevent losing control over rocky road (where heavy weight cars have no problems)

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:36 am

0blueaura wrote:this could be used by light weight cars to prevent losing control over rocky road (where heavy weight cars have no problems)

• Lore: GRIP cars use advanced magnetic generated torque to withstand sudden variations and wheel rotation reversal (visible with the blue halo/hue)
  • Aim: said magnetic field can be bent and boosted for short periods of time to free the driver from the hurdle of terrain
  • Result: vastly improved manœuvrability and control since the car can hover a meter above ground
  • Noob friendly
  • Badass

Doctor Anthrax

Postby Doctor Anthrax » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:47 am

i would like to see that time slow weapon from rollcage, i know your trying for new stuff and i dont blame you but when your behind the pack, there really isnt anything to help you catch up
its so hard to find a doctor that will visit these days, but !ha! dr thrax still does!- dr thrax

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Doctor Anthrax wrote:i would like to see that time slow weapon from rollcage, i know your trying for new stuff and i dont blame you but when your behind the pack, there really isnt anything to help you catch up

You know, this has already been touched...

Timewarp will not be implemented and instead to satisfy the idea they plan on making an EMP.
It will function differently from the timewarp, but has generally the same idea: slow down other players
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Doctor Anthrax

Postby Doctor Anthrax » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:09 am

landvaarder wrote:
Doctor Anthrax wrote:i would like to see that time slow weapon from rollcage, i know your trying for new stuff and i dont blame you but when your behind the pack, there really isnt anything to help you catch up

You know, this has already been touched...

Timewarp will not be implemented and instead to satisfy the idea they plan on making an EMP.
It will function differently from the timewarp, but has generally the same idea: slow down other players

i really did not know! i just joined in! but its nice to see the emp is gonna fullfill the same result as the time warp thing, although ill be honest it sounds like the explosion from rollcage two mixed with the lightning ability that locks tires, again, i dont know anything!
its so hard to find a doctor that will visit these days, but !ha! dr thrax still does!- dr thrax

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 am

Oh yeah I remember that from the intro of rollcage stage 2 ! that was so cool when I was little

I would like to see the emp actually gather some clouds or some epic fade-out of sound and music just when the lighting hits the sound fade-in

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Orbital strike, the more I think of it, the more I like the idea...

Jetgaze

Postby Jetgaze » Wed May 11, 2016 9:22 am

JUMP POWERUP.

To jump over someone (combined with boost) or to get to the ceiling. Can be used to reach hidden tunnels and such.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:50 pm

What about a ramming device of some sort? Could be fun. A boxing glove attached to a spring xD Nah but seriously maybe an energy spike of some sort, similar manner to the shield. Or the shield could be used in ramming, if the shield gets a frontal version. Think about it; you have frontal shield equipped, get a speed boost, see an opponent racing in front of you but you just can't catch him, then you deploy the boost and BANG ram into him (the shield/ramming device makes it so that you don't fly all over the place because the shield absorbs the motion energy, only the car that you rammed does). Also it does damage of course.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Tathendal wrote:What about a ramming device of some sort? Could be fun. A boxing glove attached to a spring xD Nah but seriously maybe an energy spike of some sort, similar manner to the shield. Or the shield could be used in ramming, if the shield gets a frontal version. Think about it; you have frontal shield equipped, get a speed boost, see an opponent racing in front of you but you just can't catch him, then you deploy the boost and BANG ram into him (the shield/ramming device makes it so that you don't fly all over the place because the shield absorbs the motion energy, only the car that you rammed does). Also it does damage of course.

old rollcage made you invulnerable to ramming and spinning out by enemies when having a shield

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:04 pm

I think a grapple hook as a replacement for the wormhole from Rollcage would be badass. Pretty hard to do though, no doubt
Game Director
GRIP

jsaltinator

Postby jsaltinator » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:08 am

The Driller Rockets and Stasis Beam from Rollcage Stage II were my two most favourite weapons. It's probably due to the ability to destroy multiple cars in one hit. That feeling was so satisfying when you manage to take out 2 or 3 cars in front of you then zoom under them as they flew through the air! So it's awesome to see that these two weapons (along with the "radius bomb") have the most votes! Bring on old-school mayhem in HD!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:33 am

I actually don't remember the Stasis Beam from RC2 - admittedly, I was more of a Rollcage 1 player. What does it do?

Welcome to the forums!
Game Director
GRIP

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:56 am

Chris_CE wrote:I actually don't remember the Stasis Beam from RC2 - admittedly, I was more of a Rollcage 1 player. What does it do?

Welcome to the forums!

its a flower like beam that charges infront of a car, with a loud buzz, and we can charge it by holding powerup button, the longer we charge the longer will enemy car freeze in place, after exploding into the air. the beam flies and can hit multiple enemies in a straight line with astonishing speed, but cannot be locked onto enemy.

this powerup had a major downfall, because if you charge it for too long, you will get hit into the air and freeze in place instead.

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”