Third Missile Type

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
OrangeSodaMachine

Third Missile Type

Postby OrangeSodaMachine » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:21 pm

No one likes it when a missile doesn't hit its mark. Especially when said missile explodes in your face. I was brainstorming a way to fix this and I think I might be onto something.

This missile behaves like the Scorpion and Assassin that are already in the game, except it doesn't blow up when it hit an obstacle. Rather, it drills through it. Once locked-on, the "Popper" missile will drill through anything between it and its target. If the Scorpion was the Green Shell, the Popper would be the Red Shell.

This would also remove the need to make the smart missile A.I.

Maybe it could drill through shields without breaking them. A Rock-Paper-Scissors relationship could justify its existence.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Third Missile Type

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Missiles are easily the strongest weapons right now, imo. They have the longest range, deal high damage, can lock on and throw cars off track more than other weapons (with the exception of the ram raider of course). If anything they are the most reliable way to blow enemy cars away and they navigate the environment quite well.

OrangeSodaMachine

Postby OrangeSodaMachine » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 pm

There are curtain racks were the opportunities to use Scorpions are few and far between. Yuri I. reverse has about three spots with a long enough sight-line for a missile to hit.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:36 pm

In the current state of things, I'd rather current weapons be juiced instead of introducing new ones on top.

E.g. I haven't given up on hopes of weapon stacking !

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:01 am

More weapons are coming and the packs will be closer together later on, lessening the issue that scorpions have with long distances.
Let's not forget about railgun and hydra.

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”