Scorpions - manual targeting system

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
twisted

Scorpions - manual targeting system

Postby twisted » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Just an idea... what about if we could manually move the target to lock scorpions missiles onto opponents using the right thumbstick? The target would be moveable forcing you to hunt for it until the two dots align. There could be a repulsive effect making it harder to lock the closer you get to the center of the target or vice versa. I always felt like it would be funnier to take part of the process as right now it doesn't require any skill at all. You just hit launch and you're done, making it a very forgettable experience.

My only fear about it is that it would probably detract the player focus from the racing itself and since we would use it more on the straight lines, maybe it would be less effective against the front of the pack in the long term.

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Scorpions - manual targeting system

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 pm

I feel like the game is way too fast paced and crazy for this to work. Even hitting a button to switch targets is a stretch sometimes
Game Director
GRIP

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

Making scorpions manually aim adds a massive barrier of entry to the game (even if the targeting reticule/'hitbox' is big) which deters a lot of players for what I'd call very little gameplay benefit. I think even the veterans would have trouble hitting anyone with such a mechanic.
GRIP is a fast racer filled with obstacles, not an FPS.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 am

Reminds me RC was so fast at the beginning for me that, on keyboard, I had to attribute my brother at the shooting, sister on the braking (I know, right ;) ) while I concentrated only on the driving lol (and we switched turns when one of us was feeling it go win campaign races).

Manual shooting would require too much jedi-ry for one guy alone most prob.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 pm

:D
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”