Weapon idea – clone

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
playabot

Weapon idea – clone

Postby playabot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Clone is basically a hologram of your vehicle driven by AI.

The player will launch clone when they want to deceive players behind them or in Deathmatch modes. Basically, launch clone when being targeted by another player and it will take the hit (and opponents attention) for you before disappearing.

As the weapon upgrades the accuracy of the deception i.e. how closely it reflects the player increases. At lower levels the deception is less effective (i.e. it will glitch out and flicker), it will have a shorter duration and the A.I less intelligent. As you upgrade, it will more accurately reflect the player (i.e. no glitching), last longer, drive more intelligently and become programmable or mod-able. Possible mods could be, ram nearest opponent, collect and immediately fire power-up, sporadic acceleration and deceleration, take alternate path...

Tathendal

Re: Weapon idea – clone

Postby Tathendal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 am

Might be cool!

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:52 am

I like it, but it only counters the missile while the shield counters more than just the missile. Having it go BANZAIII into players is difficult to communicate that it's being done intentionally; players could perceive that as faulty AI or player trolling.
To combat that problem, I propose not making it a clone that looks like another car, but something like a drone or even just an energy wall.

playabot

Postby playabot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:56 am

Broscar wrote:I like it, but it only counters the missile while the shield counters more than just the missile. Having it go BANZAIII into players is difficult to communicate that it's being done intentionally; players could perceive that as faulty AI or player trolling.
To combat that problem, I propose not making it a clone that looks like another car, but something like a drone or even just an energy wall.

I'm thinking it can fill out the roster and ad some character but still be an effective barrier to damage (not necessarily in the same way that shield is). So it will be used primarily as a deception (handy in death match too hence the need to skin it like the player) and of course weapon fodder (confusing weapons). Maybe it could have a timer rather than a damage meter - so it can absorb multi-missile strikes, unlike shield. As mentioned the player could mod it depending on its upgrade level; perhaps have it drive infront of you to absorb leader missiles or behind to absorb ALL machine gun and missile fire for a specific and limited time.

A.I. driven so it's not infalable but it won't hold a weapon slot while active.

What if it hangs back, goes BANZAIII and explodes on impact?? :D

What if you select a catch-up-mode-mod so that it drives more quickly (but no more skillfully) in pursuit of the racer infront of you; so that while it is driving more quickly, it is more likely to crash out on turns. risk/reward/and lols.

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”