Weapon idea – rail gun

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
playabot

Weapon idea – rail gun

Postby playabot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am

Standard missiles function well enough for what they are; characterised by wide targeting area, long range, instant launch, moderate chance of interruption i.e. immediately hitting the ground or later hitting a track side obstacle, intelligent target tracking, slow approach to target and high damage.

I think there is space for a weapon similar but with the following characteristics; more narrow (but still intermediate) targeting area, long range, brief warm up or charge before fire, near instant impact with target and 100% chance of impact as long as target is in line of site.

So I propose that a rail gun be added to the game. If stacking is pursued (as mentioned previously, I’m not a fan of weapon stacking but) the rail gun could be the stacked version of the missile.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Weapon idea – rail gun

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 am

Rail Gun is already one of the planned weapons ;)

That said, things can change
Game Director
GRIP

playabot

Postby playabot » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Im such a noob haha

..but my post is of course more about the implimentation... :mrgreen:

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 am

Just a random thought, but what if the railgun beam sticks to the ground, and if you time it well it was possible to jump over it? Id like to see more use of the jump feature implemented now that its in the game.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Neat idea Mik. Launch is certainly being worked into tracks more, but would be cool to have it as a defensive move. Can jump over mines already, but perhaps launching can decrease chance of being hit by a missile, or how devastating the hit is
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”